Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2005, 03:53 AM

Default A lousy laydown? Stud hi, 1/2, Stars

We'll never know how it would have ended, but I'm wondering if my fold on 6th street was horrible. Crimes against humanity like horrible. Made flush, looking at two pair on the board, player had shown aggression before the two pair showed up.
7 Card Stud High ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (3.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.90 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (7.90 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

River - (9.90 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (9.90 BB)
Old 12-31-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: A lousy laydown? Stud hi, 1/2, Stars

With a made flush its an easy call down.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:46 AM

especially since the scary board was the bring-in.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:29 AM

you've gotta call this down. he is going to play this hand the same way no matter what he has, and against random cards your a favorite. you definately have odds to call 2 more bets.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:44 AM

What about the call on 3rd? I mean you have a semi-dead drawing hand and the ante is small. Is it really worth it? I think 6th is a call against all but the tightest opponents.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the call on 3rd? I mean you have a semi-dead drawing hand and the ante is small. Is it really worth it? I think 6th is a call against all but the tightest opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't even consider the ante structure when there are so many callers in already, the pot is big enough to draw IMO.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:49 PM

3rd:I would not consider folding.

5th:I would consider raising.Seats 2 & 6 will surely call the raise,giving you 7.9to 2(4 to 1) current odds on your draw.Of the 32 cards remaining,8 will give you a straight or flush,meaning the odds against hitting a straight or flush on 6th street are only 3 to 1 agaist.It could also buy you a free card on 6th or help you know where you're at.In the current situation,if he bets into you on 6th after the raise,it's an easy laydown.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:30 AM

>>5th:I would consider raising.Seats 2 & 6 will surely call the raise,giving you 7.9to 2(4 to 1) current odds on your draw.

That is a good point, might have been a good spot for a come bet raise.

In hindsight, I don't know why I even posted this lol. It was am embarassing hand, and while the session was a good one this hand was a clear misplay.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:15 PM

With a King, Queen, and a Seven gone, your third-street hand does not meet the standards set forth for three-straights by SMZ or West. I don't know what Paul Kammen would say. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] While the two-flush adds some value, with so many hearts gone, I don't think that that's quite enough to swing this to a call.

The guy with Aces-up showing was the bring-in. He could be full, but I find it more likely that he has only the two pair, maybe three pair since he checked and called on fourth. Some might not bet into your four-flush, but there are a lot of hearts gone, so I think that observant players will be inclined to bet. I'm calling down with your flush against most opponents.