Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2006, 12:53 PM

Default King Felix (again!)

Okay I have dissed the hype of said King on a couple of occassions so far this season. It worked! The hype has disappeared? Felix and his Mariners get no line repect today at +101. Now that the betting public has jumped off of the bandwagon it may just be the right time to jump on. He had a real good start last time out against his fellow hypster (Liriano).

Anyway Seattle has started to play passable baseball for a major league team. Their offense has picked up a bit and is a little stronger than the Angels. They are hot now too scoring more runs in the last 10 games (6.95 rpg) than any other MLB club. Plus any internal pitching stat you want to consider Hernandez surpasses Weaver.

Seattle should be favored here today and they aren't. They have a better offense and a better starter (LAA still get pen edge). That makes this a very attractive play for me!
Old 06-12-2006, 12:05 AM

Default Re: King Felix (again!)

I have thought this for a few weeks now. He was getting very unlucky earlier in the year. I have watched almost all of his starts, and he is making some mistakes that are expected from rookies (like letter errors get to him), but his stuff is outstanding, and I thought the hyped wore off about mid May.

I bet on him on 5/16, 5/21, 5/31, 6/6, and 6/11, and he is 4-1 over that time period. His only loss was to J Blanton, and he was -103... I hope that rematch happens with the way J Blanton has been pitching (hopefully the same line too).