Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Party $5/10 -- QJs

MP2 can be TAG-like but is too loose pre-flop. The others are donks. I had planned to check-raise the flop until BB beat me to it. After he did my plan was to raise most turn cards. Thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (12.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 14.70 BB
Old 06-10-2006, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Party $5/10 -- QJs

q,j suited or not is a HUGE trap hand. there is absolutely no way this hand should be played with only an utg+1 limper. looks pretty, but, i believe should only be played in late position with lots of callers (or, maybe in late position as a raise with few callers) (or, maybe out of the blinds with lots of callers , or, out of the blinds as a raise with few callers)....
Old 06-10-2006, 01:06 PM

PF: limp-in is fine.

Flop: I donk it. MP2 may raise to knock out the field. You need to protect your hand, not check/raise and trap 3 others in big pot where they'll have correct odds to try to draw out on you.

Turn: As you played it I would go for the check/raise here on MP2.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:18 PM

I think PF is fine, as well.

I also donk the flop in the hopes it gets raised by MP2.

Other than that, it looks fine.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:37 PM

Bet out on the flop, everything else looks good.

Haupt_234
Old 06-10-2006, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
q,j suited or not is a HUGE trap hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure what you mean exactly by "HUGE trap hand". It is not like I limp-reraised here. There is a differnece between a huge hand pre-flop and a playbale, +EV one. QJs is definitely playable here.

[ QUOTE ]
looks pretty, but, i believe should only be played in late position with lots of callers (or, maybe in late position as a raise with few callers) (or, maybe out of the blinds with lots of callers , or, out of the blinds as a raise with few callers)....

[/ QUOTE ]

You are too tight.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet out on the flop, everything else looks good.

Haupt_234

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this hand mostly because of the flop decision. I think this is a tough decision between betting out and going for the check-raise.

I have good relative position to the PF raiser in terms of check-raising the field. However, my hand is not that strong (and is, in fact , vulnerable) and my pot equity may not be that high.

However, if I bet out then likely MP just calls when he has something like overcards, thus making the pot 10+ SBs to the BB and the limper; or, he raises and isolates me when I am behind.

Since I doubt I can protect my hand on the turn given the pot size and my position, I tend to favor check raising the field and try to exploit my presumed, but silm, pot equity advantage. Plus, if MP2 three-bets me and everyone is trapoed for mutliple bets, a) I hjave a good sense ofwhere I am and can play the rest of the hand accordingly, and b) I have the pot padded which benefits my presumed 5 out (plus weak backdoor staright) draw.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:10 PM

How about a turn c-r? Given his strength on the flop do you think he'd be able to lay it down on the turn? This seems like a good place to trp the field for an extra bet.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:52 PM

sometimes i raise pf once i hit MP, sometimes i limp; it is table-dependent. i usually just bet the flop. i c/r that turn ALOT given the prior action. betting it is good too. river is standard; it may scare alot of worse hands from calling so easy bet.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:10 PM

If we donk the flop and the PFR raises, what do you do after that?