Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2006, 06:45 AM

Default Brilliant 2/5 NL play tonight

No limit, 2 and 5 blinds.. Shortstack UTG goes all-in before the cards are dealt for 45 dollars. Strange guy behind him raises before the cards are dealt to 90 dollars. This player has about 400 dollars left

The next player with about 500 in front of him looks down at his cards and goes into the tank. He then folds pocket kings face up.

Worst play I have ever seen in my life. "One of them might have had aces."
Old 06-10-2006, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Brilliant 2/5 NL play tonight

Brilliant... I hope you got this guy's phone number so you can invite him along any time you go back there to play...
Old 06-10-2006, 08:42 AM

In a tournament I was in Two years ago at Binion's, I watched a very similar thing. BB was small stack and pushes with about t900 in chips. UTG reraises, but only for another t400. Everyone folds to the button, who ponders for almost 5 mins, then open folds his pocket QQ and says - "It's only because I have respect for that man." as he pointed to the BB. SB folds to get out of the way and both guys flip their cards and both are holding "A 6". The flop comes down 2s, 4h, Qd and the table errupts into laughter. They end up splitting the pot and three hands later Mr. Brilliant busts out on pocket 22.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2006, 04:15 PM

Not quite as bad, but I saw an abomination of a KK fold last night at 2/5 Venetian.

New player sits down and posts with 400 behind. He raises his post to 15, tight player makes it 30, back to poster who makes it $200. It's his first hand. He's clearly ready to gamble. Tight player mucks KK face up. Gambler just smiles.

He told me later he had AJo.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No limit, 2 and 5 blinds.. Shortstack UTG goes all-in before the cards are dealt for 45 dollars. Strange guy behind him raises before the cards are dealt to 90 dollars. This player has about 400 dollars left

The next player with about 500 in front of him looks down at his cards and goes into the tank. He then folds pocket kings face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what did they show, and how'd he and the table react? lol.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:35 PM

A laydown of Hellmuthian perportions.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what did they show, and how'd he and the table react? lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just random offsuit garbage. A few players at the table quietly said things to the tune of "What the hell did you do that for?" but there was no laughing or anything like that. The shortstack doubled up and I spent the rest of the down trying to remember a worse play in the history of poker.