Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 10:59 PM

Default 5/10 - QQ - 15BB challenge

I've played 5/10 for a grand total of 54 hands before tonight. I'm working on a 15BB challenge (ask if you don't know what that is) and I haven't played seriously in about 2 months due to my HD crashing and I just haven't had the desire to play much.

I had <1 orbit at this table, but FWIW, I had SB at 31/0/1 after 26 hands. I didn't pay attention to this at all during the hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

My thoughts:
Yes, I raised the flop for information. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
I was folding to a 3bet. I didn't want bluffraised off the turn and when it got checked through, I figured I'd get some value off the river since it didn't change anything.

Flame away. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2006, 11:12 PM

Default Re: 5/10 - QQ - 15BB challenge

You really need to cap this [censored] preflop.

Postflop is tricky in this hand, well at least the flop. I think I would call as button either has a hand he will fold anyway or he has something that isn't folding for 2 bets. Also, calling is better than folding because we have too much of a hand compared to SB's range.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:15 PM

the river didn't change anything...but what hands are calling here that you beat?

the button's flop cold-call and then turn check-through when the flush card hits is a little odd.

it looks like he has a weak ace and is afraid that you or SB has him outkicked.

I'd check this river and hope to showdown.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really need to cap this [censored] preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I out-thought myself on this one and was planning on being aggressive on a non-A flop and what did I get?

[ QUOTE ]
Postflop is tricky in this hand, well at least the flop. I think I would call as button either has a hand he will fold anyway or he has something that isn't folding for 2 bets. Also, calling is better than folding because we have too much of a hand compared to SB's range.

[/ QUOTE ]

After my "plan". I was aggressive anyway. I never claimed to be good PF or if I did, I didn't mean it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2006, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the river didn't change anything...but what hands are calling here that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
My usual game is 1/2-2/4 and people like to call down with any pair there.

[ QUOTE ]
the button's flop cold-call and then turn check-through when the flush card hits is a little odd.

[/ QUOTE ]
As long as the board didn't pair the middle or bottom card, I wasn't worried about the button since I figured he would have bet if he made his flush.

[ QUOTE ]
it looks like he has a weak ace and is afraid that you or SB has him outkicked.

I'd check this river and hope to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was looking for a SD after the turn, but when the A paired, I went back to aggro mode figuring the smaller chance of SB having an A.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:55 PM

what's a 15BB challenge?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what's a 15BB challenge?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=4253746
Old 06-09-2006, 12:09 AM

Awesome! didn't get anything with a search. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2006, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My usual game is 1/2-2/4 and people like to call down with any pair there.

[/ QUOTE ]

as you move up, you need to wean yourself off of this. You're getting to the levels where you have to pay attention to your opponent because a lot of them will NOT call down here with any pair. They will only call if they have you beat and fold when you're winning, so your bet is a losing one.

[ QUOTE ]

As long as the board didn't pair the middle or bottom card, I wasn't worried about the button since I figured he would have bet if he made his flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I think he most likely has a weak A and I would check the river.

[ QUOTE ]

I was looking for a SD after the turn, but when the A paired, I went back to aggro mode figuring the smaller chance of SB having an A.

[/ QUOTE ]

your right that the chance of SB having an A just went down, but you being the aggressor makes your opponents likely to put YOU on an A, so when you bet, they'll fold all their hands that you beat and call or raise with hands that beat you.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:12 AM

/agree