Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Give me a turn line

Villain 28/18/2.2 Went to sd 32%. I guess he is a solid player.

Which line do you prefer against this player and why?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ..
Old 06-08-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Give me a turn line

I just check/call, check/fold river UI. You're not gonna fold a better hand often enough by check/raising this turn.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just check/call, check/fold river UI. You're not gonna fold a better hand often enough by check/raising this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you come to this conclusion?

I might have 14 outs. I need 2.29:1 to make a call profitable in this situation.

If I c/r pot is laying me immediate odds of 3.25:1.

If he calls my c/r my play is still profitable, or am I wrong?
Old 06-08-2006, 04:05 PM

I don't think you fold a better hand here often enough to make the turn CR a good one. I usually just C/C here and C/F the river UI.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:58 PM

I like checkraising the turn in this spot, if he calls, I usually check-fold the river unimproved. This guy can still have a hand like 88, or A7, lets make him sweat a little.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you psychic or something? Why not checkraise the turn and find out? Since the hero has a calling hand anyways, were only investing one more bet to see if we can take down this pot. With the Queen being an overcard to the board, it is somewhat of a scare card, and given that action it makes prefect logical sense that this card couldve improved the hero, and were against a guy that can make a decent fold, and this villain probably has a very wide flop raising range much of which is not gonna like this turn checkraise. All these factors point to a turn checkraise for me. We are only investing one extra big bet to see if we can take this pot right now, its not like were committing ourselves to bluffing the river if we miss. So whether its right or wrong I am checkraising in this spot against this guy every time becuz I believe checkraising is +EV vs calling here.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How did you come to this conclusion?

I might have 14 outs. I need 2.29:1 to make a call profitable in this situation.

If I c/r pot is laying me immediate odds of 3.25:1.

If he calls my c/r my play is still profitable, or am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
do this math again but for a massive pot on the turn when you have a 2-outer.

what this math is saying is that at some pot size, it is correct to check raise the turn with a 2-outer because you'll be getting the "immediate odds on the c/r."

even if this were correct in some way, it would still be wrong because you dont have 14 outs.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:21 PM

i like check calling here because i doubt that you're going to fold out a better hand, plus its very likely that you have 14 outs, so you dont want to be paying 3BB to see the river, also if you do hit and he's aggro enough, the call line allows you to cr the river
Old 06-08-2006, 10:07 PM

If you check raise the turn it seems most of you are check folding the river if he calls?
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 PM

I fold preflop, anybody else?

I c/c turn c/f ui river. I dont think he folds a pair on the turn.