Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 08:48 PM

Default suited, bottom pair, nice pot

just sat down, i only have notes on preflop raiser as being laggy

6max

2 limps, button raises, SB folds, I call in BB with 67 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], both limpers call

4 to flop for 8.5

9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checked to PFR who bets, i raise, limper one 3-bets, limper two calls, PFR caps!, i call two getting ~10-1.

turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], i check, lipmer one bets, limper two folds, PFR is all in for .5 BB

i folded as i am pretty sure i am drawing VERY thin/dead here.

thoughts on that and flop?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:23 PM

Default Re: suited, bottom pair, nice pot

this is horrible, what limit is this first of all? second, regardless of limit, ure WAY behind, a raise isnt helping you at all here, ure runner runner fd is only 1.5outs, ure 7 outs could be dirty because of T8. this is ez fold imo on the flop... super ez
Old 06-07-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is horrible, what limit is this first of all? second, regardless of limit,

[/ QUOTE ]

then why ask?

[ QUOTE ]
ure 7 outs could be dirty because of T8

[/ QUOTE ]

so how many outs do you estimate the 7's are worth?

so far, say 1 for BD flush, 2 for sixes, say 1 for 7's looks like worst case scenario estimation. so 4 outs at 9.5-1 is a 'super EZ' fold?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:27 PM

i asked because anyone who playd at least 5/10 wouldnt ask this i would think. also, its not completely about the odds ure getting laid after the initial bet, its more about whats going to happen after u call or riase (which did, and hopefully it sent the lesson home). so u end up putting in 2 or 3 bets w/ a weak holding and that isnt good
Old 06-07-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i asked because anyone who playd at least 5/10 wouldnt ask this i would think. also, its not completely about the odds ure getting laid after the initial bet, its more about whats going to happen after u call or riase (which did, and hopefully it sent the lesson home). so u end up putting in 2 or 3 bets w/ a weak holding and that isnt good

[/ QUOTE ]

gee, if i knew it was going to be more than the two bets i laid, i wouldnt have raised. even someone who doesnt play 5/10 or higher (i do) would know that.

you are also forgetting the fact that i have the best hand on this flop a % of the time, coupled with the weakish outs.

your 'super EZ' fold, isnt really 'super EZ'.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:33 AM

on this busy flop, i think it's highly unlikely that u have the best hand NOR be able to clear out the field on the flop... if u want to take a card off oop, i'd just call and see how the action develops behind u and fold easily if it's 2 more bets back to you...
Old 06-08-2006, 06:11 AM

I think you have enough hand to call the flop if the limpers arenīt too check-raise happy, but not enough to raise as you are beat or will be by the river very often. This is the type of board limpers like!
Old 06-08-2006, 07:09 AM

I think peeling the flop is in order. Raising is too much though.

I don`t fold this turn.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:12 PM

if you take four random hands and see this flop, theres a pretty good chance that you are already behind. if you get to the turn, the chnaces that a lowly pair 6s will hold are still terrible. call if anything (this is similar to the cardplayer.com quiz about 5 days back where they advocate folding for the reasons mentiond in my other posts if u wanna look at that also)
Old 06-08-2006, 10:23 PM

The flop raise has some spewitude to it. I'd just call with good odds to see a turn card. You may think you are elminating players by raising, but chances are you are well behind and are drawing, so just call and hope you spike a heart, 7 or 6.