Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Where is the money to be made?

Where do you guys think there is more money to be made in limit poker, 6 max or full ring games?
Old 01-16-2006, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Where is the money to be made?

Assuming you are a winning player at both 10 and 6max.. the answer should be 6max. You can play 1.67 (10/6) more hands per given time increasing your winning rate. Moreover in 6 max you have more opportunity to 'outplay' your opponents.

However, im sure there are some players without the patience to play 10 and some without the aggression/balls to play 6 max.

Just ask yourself..would u rather play against 1 or 2 bad players in 6 max or 10.. the answer should be 6.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you are a winning player at both 10 and 6max.. the answer should be 6max. You can play 1.67 (10/6) more hands per given time increasing your winning rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
But to counter this, you can play more tables of 10 max than 6 max, so your overall hands played will end up being about the same for both. 6 max may still be more profitable though if the players are worse there (I haven't played enough of it to comment).
Old 01-16-2006, 10:27 PM

I have always thought of the blinds as the 'admission fee' for hold em, which is higher the fewer players . . .
Old 01-16-2006, 10:53 PM

It has been my experience that players at 6-max are more inclined to be overly agressive. This can make for a profitable advantage if you are inclined to learn how to expoit it.... Especially at NL
Old 01-17-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, im sure there are some players without the patience to play 10 and some without the aggression/balls to play 6 max.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a silly way of putting it. You can be successful playing very aggressive in full ring games. It's more a matter of what happens to fit your unique style. All aggressive players aren't necessarily better at 6 max.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:15 PM

6-max ofcourse, its a no-brainer
Old 01-17-2006, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you are a winning player at both 10 and 6max.. the answer should be 6max. You can play 1.67 (10/6) more hands per given time increasing your winning rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
But to counter this, you can play more tables of 10 max than 6 max, so your overall hands played will end up being about the same for both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I can't. I can play the same number of tables of both. It's not the number of hands that ends up limiting me, but the hassle of finding a decent table when one goes cold.

Anyway, I have a way better win rate shorthanded than full ring, and I am a far better full ring than shorthanded player. More fish and more quality time with each fish...
Old 01-18-2006, 12:05 PM

But you must be a better player at 6 max than a full table and many can not make the adjustment or deal with the wider swings. I personally believe I am not ready for 6 max
Old 01-18-2006, 04:11 PM

I don't yet play much 6-max 'cuz I'm not good enough, but from what I have read here on 2+2 over the past few months, I think 6 max has more potential for bigger cash winnings.