Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 12:23 PM

Default Some Full Tilt questions...

I'm thinking about giving full tilt a try but have a few questions.

1) The variety of the games offered is one of the reasons I'm considering trying out FT. What is the traffic like in the different areas? I play primarily NLHE FR and 6max but also enjoy FLHE, Stud/8 and omaha. I also play the occasional SNG and MTT.

2) What are the peak times for playing here(traffic wise)? I'll be playing in the U.S. evenings mostly.

3) What's the play like at the NL and FL HE tables? Loose like party or rock garden like absolute?

Thanks for the help.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Some Full Tilt questions...

You can check poker site scout for games to see what's going on. Generally, a few stud, stud8, O8 games, but it's mostly hold em.

As for fishiness, it depends on the level.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:22 PM

I play small stakes. NL $50 and $1/2 or $2/4 Limit.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:25 PM

i play .25/.5 and .5/1 limit and i find the games easy. low VPIP but the fish make the pots big. ew suckouts. pokerroom was full of suckouts and after playing there these are kill games
Old 06-06-2006, 01:33 PM

If you want to play stud8, better go to Pokerstars.

Paradise spreads it some too, the games are soft, but it is somewhat stupid with no ante at the lower limits.

There is not much stud8 at full tilt.
Absolute has stud8 too and it is good to clear their bonuses, the games are decent.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:36 PM

My two cents:

At the NL 1/2 and below tables expect a lot of very loose play with several people chasing backdoor draws, so be prepared for a lot of variance.

2/4 and 3/6 tables are mixed, but the level has been increasing steadily, and these days you see quite a few tricky and very aggressive players.

5/10 and above seems very serious (at least to me) with several pros and semi-pros at the table. Ventured there a few times before realising I was way out of my league.

I haven't played on Full Tilt in the past 10 days or so, but overall, during the past few weeks the play had become noticeably more aggressive than it used to be.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about giving full tilt a try but have a few questions.

1) The variety of the games offered is one of the reasons I'm considering trying out FT. What is the traffic like in the different areas? I play primarily NLHE FR and 6max but also enjoy FLHE, Stud/8 and omaha. I also play the occasional SNG and MTT.

2) What are the peak times for playing here(traffic wise)? I'll be playing in the U.S. evenings mostly.

3) What's the play like at the NL and FL HE tables? Loose like party or rock garden like absolute?

Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1/2 NL is pretty good FR or 6max. I've found the 2/4 FR to be decent...the 2/4 6max can be super aggressive. The traffic for non-holdem games is usually very sparse and SNGs take a while to fill up. If you're looking to play stud/8 and omaha, you probably won't find much.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the replies so far. I think my follow up post was a bit confusing. I'm playing NO LIMIT .25/.50 and .50/1 and LIMIT $1/2 (sometimes $2/4).

I did look and notice that traffic in the other games is pretty low, especially compared to party or paradise. Not necessarily a deal breaker for me, but I do like to mix things up and play different games especially during a downswing.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:56 PM

why not play multiple sites? just play wherever the games look best at the time you want to play...