Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 11:09 PM

Default 1/2 Balsy play, no I am not on tilt.

New to table but villian has already called my preflop raises and come over the top of my cbet on the flop with an allin. Now that I think about it I should have saved myself 50bb and just called and folded river. I have recomposed myself from this terrible play, I was not on tilt at all and really felt I was owning the villian and had lots of outs to the nuts if he happens to call.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($122.85)
MP ($125.60)
Hero ($190)
SB ($185)
BB ($82.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls $5, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $4.

Flop: ($20) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $40</font>, Hero calls $25.

Turn: ($100) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $144</font>

I know I misplayed this hand and should have shoved flop if at all but I am looking for some constructive critiscicm.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:11 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Balsy play, no I am not on tilt.

To be honest I don't really see anything wrong with it.

You could push the flop, and based on the turn it looks like he probably would have called.

You have a ton of outs, sometimes you just don't get there though.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:13 PM

Push flop. Or, call turn. Call flop push turn no g00t. You know all this already.

Loosing 100BB shouldn't hurt that much, it will affect your game.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push flop. Or, call turn. Call flop push turn no g00t. You know all this already.

Loosing 100BB shouldn't hurt that much, it will affect your game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I know I am comfortable losing 100bb I just wanted to warn off the u suck donkey posts as that is not what I am looking for here. I am proud on how I handled this and kept my composure.

Back to the actual hand, I really think I should have shoved this flop with the oe str8 and flush draw. It would have ended up the same but I would have felt better about it had I made that move. Of course I came to this realization once I was already on the turn and had to make a decision, is it really that awful to shove this turn or should I have called based on the circumstance I put myself in.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I don't really see anything wrong with it.

You could push the flop, and based on the turn it looks like he probably would have called.

You have a ton of outs, sometimes you just don't get there though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Refer to my post 1 above. You are right that he would have called my flop push too and I would have gotten the same outcome which makes me feel better about myself lol. I just want to be sure for the future I play this right. Running the hand like I played it not pushing the flop I just hate calling this turn because it puts me to a terrible decision if that king or queen hits and I felt I had some f/e since he bought in for the max too. I like to always buy in with the max for situations like this, so I still have chips to play back with, also the fact that villian has this stack allows me to give this move a try. Any more help appreciated.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:29 PM

You should be betting and raising much closer to the size of the pot.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should be betting and raising much closer to the size of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
huh
Old 06-05-2006, 11:33 PM

i probably make it at least $20 on the flop. other than that, i like your line.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i probably make it at least $20 on the flop. other than that, i like your line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea my response to the post before about bet sizes was just that it is so irrelevant if I make it 16 or 20 in this post lol but I understand where your coming from. You like shoving the turn like I did over the flop?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:02 AM

but a pot-sized bet would be 2x as large as your bet, right? The pot is 20, he bet 6, so with your call that makes it 32. So to raise the pot you are making it $38, correct? And a $38 bet, rather than $16 could very well make a difference in future hands. Or do I misunderstand pot-sized bet/ misunderstand the hand history?