Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 10:12 AM

Default QQ multi-way, OOP, turn decision

This is probably the third or fourth rotation for me. Stats on these guys are gathered from various sessions in the past.

UTG+1 has stats of 67/8/1 after ~175 hands and is a big fish. He'll call flop bets with all sorts of stuff and I'm not real worried about him.

BN has stats of 21/9/2.5 after ~175 hands. I haven't seen him get out of line so far this session and I have no notes on him, which implies he hasn't done anything remarkable in the past (not that I've seen at least).

BN's call on the flop is nasty. I think there's a good chance he's got a set, 54s, 98s, 88-JJ with the cold call. The turn is brutal, completing TT and 98s for him. I had no idea what to do here. Line suggestions?

Thanks for comments.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $99.55
UTG+1: $258.90
CO: $128.45
Button: $286.44
SB: $102.05
BB: $101.75

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="##">Hero raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($17.5, 4 players)
<font color="##">Hero bets $16</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($65.5, 3 players)
<font color="##">Hero ??
Old 06-05-2006, 11:17 AM

Default Re: QQ multi-way, OOP, turn decision

is pushing a bad play here with two callers ? it does look one of the two are sandbagging , most likely the button obviously.

I'd bet out another 3/4 of the pot and see what happens but then you are commited so would a push be the right move ?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:44 AM

If you feel Button won't make a move here, you can bet $45 and fold if he pushes. Call if CO pushes.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:56 AM

Next time raise more with a tbale this loose. Make a PSB on the flop, a 1/2 size bet on the turn might committ you but I hate giving another free card, if you are certain on ur read for villian, then there is no reason to put anymore moeny into the pot. I still persoannly feel you should bet the turn just for value. I would fold to a raise.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:19 PM

check/fold turn
Old 06-05-2006, 12:26 PM

If villian bets 45 on the turn, the Pot is 110 + 45 if villian calls, and it just gets bigger and bigger from there. Hero will only have 35 behind and will be committed. This is one of those situations where ur either pushing or checking for pot control IMO. The only problem with checking the turn here is that it looks like a c-bet from AK giving up to a lot of villians. Thats why its important to make a bigger bet on the flop to try to push people off of draws in a multiway pot on a drawing board.