Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2006, 12:27 AM

Default Pocket Rockets makes flush on the river, cap?

Villain is a superfish 70/5/0.9

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: 17.5BB
Old 06-05-2006, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Pocket Rockets makes flush on the river, cap?

hells no. I expect to see a full house most of the time here after that river 3bet. Maybe KQh is possible as well, but much less likely.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:35 AM

I'm capping it.

I guess a superfish could *cring* cold call a UTG+1 raise with KJ. I think if he had AK he would reraise (AK AA-QQ). So I'm thinking it's either a KQ, KTs.

His check raise on the turn has me worried about JJ. I don't think he's reraising JJ preflop, with all that aggression on the flop, why check the turn? Well, to a fish, he might think he's being sneaky with JJ.

It's heads up, I have the nutflush and this guy plays a ridiculous amount of hands, I'm capping.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:39 AM

dude he's in the sb and his vpip is 70%. he has any two cards except for two great ones because he'd 3-bet.

you'll see KJ K5 JJ or 55 too much after the river 3-bet to cap.

even a terrible player knows what you have when you raise the river after just calling the turn check raise.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:39 AM

players with those kind of stats are known to call with any 2 cards out of the blinds. especially if one of those cards is a king.

do you really think that villain is 3betting the river with trip kings? &lt; Th?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:44 AM

I hear what you're saying, I'm maybe a little too loose with these 70 percent vp$ips. Im looking back at a few hands, and Ive seen far too often a flopped small flush that they won't let go, trip kings because they think you're making a move on them...

You're right though, there is a lot of hands that have us. I need to go into the tank on this one for a bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 AM

Backing up to the turn -- when a less than aggressive player check-raises the flop and the top card pairs on the turn, do you really think you're ahead that much here? Would he do that with a PP or a naked J?

Crying call on the river 3-bet unless he flips over a card that doesn't match the board.

-d
Old 06-05-2006, 02:11 AM

I would have probably gotten suckered into betting the turn as well.

The river cap is bad IMO. Villain's river three-bet is screaming full house.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Backing up to the turn -- when a less than aggressive player check-raises the flop and the top card pairs on the turn, do you really think you're ahead that much here? Would he do that with a PP or a naked J?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point. I know for a fact I would have blindly bet this turn, but a check might be in order here.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:30 AM

NS -

Also of note is that if he's not ahead, he's drawing to 2-3 outs, you only lose value from a smaller [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] that would call a bet on the turn but not the river.

-d