Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 09:19 PM

Default BETONSPORTS.com

Hello,

I was thinking of doing the BetOnSports.com bonus. I see they only have a C+ rating at Sportbook Review.com and wondered what other people experience with them has been.

One thing I dont like is they dont have the T&C written out on the site. You have have to talk to the reps on the phone and that seems kinds sketchy.

Thanx for any input or experiences that can be shared about this site!
Old 06-05-2006, 04:11 AM

Default Re: BETONSPORTS.com

I had a bad experience here, but I did eventually get a 50% matchplay bonus on $500 and I did eventually get paid. However, I had to talk to support ~10 times (to get bonus credited, because payout screen didn't work, had to call in matchplay bonus, etc) and I was switched to the sharp lines as soon as I requested the bonus. You'll have to put up with bad, sometimes terrible lines, and you'll probably have to go through support several times and stick to your guns, but AFAIK everyone has eventually gotten paid. OTOH, their C+ (which seems about right to me) is fully justified.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a bad experience here, but I did eventually get a 50% matchplay bonus on $500 and I did eventually get paid. However, I had to talk to support ~10 times (to get bonus credited, because payout screen didn't work, had to call in matchplay bonus, etc) and I was switched to the sharp lines as soon as I requested the bonus. You'll have to put up with bad, sometimes terrible lines, and you'll probably have to go through support several times and stick to your guns, but AFAIK everyone has eventually gotten paid. OTOH, their C+ (which seems about right to me) is fully justified.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tested the waters at BetOnSports as well about a few weeks ago. I put in $500, and then noticed that the bonus didn't show up instantly. At least, their live chat were helpful the 2 times I used it. Once I requested the bonus, I could have swore the lines changed on me but after a few days, I realized everyone had those lines as well so I said nothing (as if they suddenly changed everyone to sharper lines). Btw, they offer various bonus levels like the recent reply said "up to 50% matchplay" or "50% bonus with rollover". I chose the rollover. I have the exact terms saved from convo of either the matchplay or rollover if anyone is interested.

Their current lines are close to Bodog's and they don't have overnight lines but are consistent in posting up the picks between midnight to 2am Eastern time. The C+ grade seems justified (if only because of changing lines or etc). FWIW, I don't intend to continue my business there after I finish the rollover or get busted... even if sometimes they happen to have better lines *shocked* than Pinny's!

* CalvinTy
Old 06-05-2006, 09:09 AM

Hey Calvin,

Thanx for responding. Could you get me the "excact terms saved from convo?"

Thanx much, Briton
Old 06-05-2006, 09:43 AM

Sure, pasting the key info gotten from one live chat at BOS on May 19th:

===
Guest:
was there a deposit bonus that i thought i saw in signup bonus page?
Cata:
that is correct, you can chose from a 10% to a 50%
Cata:
Cash bonus or Free Play
Guest:
can you give me the % = rollover amt... i then will figure out which level is best
Cata:
ok for the Cash bonus is
Cata:
10% 4 times rollover, 15% is 5 times, 20% 6, 25% 7, 30% 8, 35% 9, 40% 10, 45% 11, 50% 11
Cata:
for Free play is 10%/15% are 3 times rollover, 20%/25% is 4, 30%/35% a 5, 40%/45% 6, 50% is a 7 times rollover
====

Hope this helps.

Oh by the way, for free play, I did ask if it was possible to divide the free play into several smaller free plays, and they said it was possible.

Though, in the end, I chose the cash bonus so I don't have to deal with contacting them for picking which free play to pick (lazy on my part, I guess). Besides, I think this may be manual at BOS, but I wouldn't know (as some books have a way for you to make the free play bets online and you can indicate at the website it's from your free play, etc).

Cheers,

* CalvinTy
Old 06-05-2006, 01:21 PM

their sharp lines are decent enough that i will probably reload again after i clear my current rollover, if they offer me the same thing. however, i heard after the first reload, the rollover requirements go from 5x to 12x. in which case i'll probably just say screw it.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:38 PM

It depends on what reload you do. They have a sliding scale starting with 10% freeplay going up tp 50% cash with WR starting at 2x going to 12x. I busted 6 reloads there last month and never had a problem when i asked for reloads. Granted, I lost every bet except one (and managed to lose those winnings) so i never had a net positive account.

They didnt sharpen up on me until i went to reload for the 7th time so it stinks that they did it to you right away. When i went back I always asked for the 20% freeplay with a 3x. When I went back the last time, the scale had a slot for 25% free play with 3x which was just a week or so ago.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:20 PM

the customer support is rather sketchy there, the payout times are quite poor compared to top rated sites, but they offer odds on a lot of smaller MMA shows and often offer parlays on MMA events, which is generally why i have an account there.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:49 AM

I've cashed out from them several times and it was always in my Neteller immediately. I've had zero problems with them, but the C+ rating on SBR bothers me. There's plenty of similar books that are B+ or better, so I'll try to stay away from BetOnSports unless their rating improves on SBR.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:36 PM

After betting through them for about 7 years, I was banned from bet on sports after winning big for a few months. They froze my account and when I called they said they no longer wanted my business. They did send my 10k that was in my account though.