Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 12:38 AM

Default 20+2 Resteal?

340 left 63 pay 50/100 yaddayadda Villian has been very donkish chasing draws, min betting etc. I have been playing tight agg and have shown down good hands which I have raised etc. It's also the last hand before the break meaning blinds are raising to 75/150.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Button (t9230)
SB (t2815)
Hero (t2695)
UTG (t1010)
UTG+1 (t3535)
MP1 (t860)
MP2 (t6050)
MP3 (t4680)
CO (t1865)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, Q.
[color=#666666]7 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]SB raises to t400</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to t2695</font>,
Old 06-04-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Re: 20+2 Bad Resteal?

Ehhh I think the blinds are really low for plays like this. Not sure if people's ranges are opening up as much as you'd like for a resteal. You could make it really tough on your opp by just flat calling here since you have position.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ehhh I think the blinds are really low for plays like this. Not sure if people's ranges are opening up as much as you'd like for a resteal. You could make it really tough on your opp by just flat calling here since you have position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Being a sng player I always worry I am too tight in mtt's early and am afraid my trying to open up is getting me in poor spots. This player is so donkish villian was min betting every draw and I owned her earlier. I also had a fairly tight image, maybe I should be waiting longer to make this move though. I know I need to make resteals to accumulate chips to get deep in these tournaments, I just worry I am not doing it properly.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:05 AM

ttt
Old 06-04-2006, 02:13 AM

Does lack of reponse mean this is a tough hand to comment on...
Old 06-04-2006, 03:22 AM

I doubt it....... its just how the board is, if you were david sklansky you woulda had 100 replys to this. All seriousness aside, I think restealing at the 100/200 level is a bit risky because of the players that are still around. Restealing is all about the player, you were saying she was a donkey and you were owning her. This player sounds like the one that a resteal would not work against (maybe i'm wrong). Pick the people that are actively raising hands from LP and come over the top of them. Your hand doesn't have to be suited broadway either....... Look up Ansky's post on Resteals are awesome or somethign like that. He makes a good post on it and there is a lot of feedback on it. I especially like Strassa's post on resteals being situational and just picking up resteal hands.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:32 AM

You just said they were a loose playing donk.

The reason no one is responding to this is because it's horribly obvious that GASP! you got called because... you were against a loose playing donk.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The reason no one is responding to this is because it's horribly obvious that GASP! you got called because... you were against a loose playing donk.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said I got called, I just wanted to see if this is an ok spot given my reads on the situation.

edit my donk assessment was based on post flop chasing, preflop (she) was limping fairly good hands and rasing from later position, and had folded the ability to fold to a big reraise behind.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I never said I got called, I just wanted to see if this is an ok spot given my reads on the situation.

edit my donk assessment was based on post flop chasing, preflop (she) was limping fairly good hands and rasing from later position, and had folded the ability to fold to a big reraise behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should've given us your assessment before complaining that no one responded?
Old 06-04-2006, 04:26 PM

i agree with matt its just too early. he opened for 4x the BB and the sb folded. so its 550 in the pot and youre pushing with a easily dominated marginal hand for 2100 more? good idea, wrong spot. always good to take reads into account but risk reward isnt here imo.