Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2006, 11:46 PM

Default I took a shot tonight. Here are 2 hands that got me thinking.

So I thought I'd take a shot. I jump into a 5/10 game, but it plays like your regular laggy .50/1 game so don't let the limit fool you.

I'm folding a lot, and being patient. Isolating when I can.

Hand one was early in the session. So no reads yet. I think my turn bet was a bit much, but would you call the river?

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) benihana is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
7 folds, <font color="#cc0000">benihana raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.2SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">benihana bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2.6BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">benihana bets</font>, BB calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.6BB, 2 players)
benihana checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, benihana ???

This hand was weird. At this point I had some reads. MP2 is bb in hand one, and it turns out she is 33/19/2.7 after about 60. BB is 47/27/2.5 after 60 too. Raise this turn for a possible free showdown? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

My thought was on the flop, he was check raising with an A, but I wasn't sure about the strength of my A. I couldn't put him on a hand that that flop hit, except a small pp.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) benihana is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">benihana raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, 3 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, benihana calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.4SB, 4 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, benihana checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, benihana calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.2BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, benihana ???
Old 06-03-2006, 11:52 PM

Default Re: I took a shot tonight. Here are 2 hands that got me thinking.

I understand the 5/10 game to have a lot of stupidly aggressive players.

In the first hand, I like check-call. Missed flushes might bet to push you off high cards.

In the second hand, I would have folded on the flop. A 5 may only chop for you, you might get 3-bet by MP2 if she has a pair, and your ace could well be dominated. But now you've got the flush draw on the turn, so you call and hope it's not raised. I don't like ace-high going to showdown 3-handed.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:57 PM

Hand 1: I follow up on the turn as well...I like the check/call too...Let him bluff a busted draw or overcards or whatever...

Hand 2: A free showdown? I don't care how retarded the BB is, he's like never c/ring the flop with air, especially after it was 3bet PF. Call the turn and river the goods...
Old 06-04-2006, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the 5/10 game to have a lot of stupidly aggressive players.

In the first hand, I like check-call. Missed flushes might bet to push you off high cards.

In the second hand, I would have folded on the flop. A 5 may only chop for you, you might get 3-bet by MP2 if she has a pair, and your ace could well be dominated. But now you've got the flush draw on the turn, so you call and hope it's not raised. I don't like ace-high going to showdown 3-handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

NeverWong.

Edit: Trying to be as cool as me?
Old 06-04-2006, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.6BB, 2 players)
benihana checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, benihana ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Check Call, if you had my luck, he'd show you pocket fours..
If you were my opponent and i did that to you, you'd see a missed draw *lol*

AJs hand I would have folded instead of cold calling on the flop... as far as the turn, I'd call there praying MP2 doesnt raise...
Old 06-04-2006, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I need another 3700 posts to accomplish that. I'll try, but it'll take me another year or two. Of course, by then you'll be in the millions and all hope of attaining Wookie-like coolness will be lost. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2006, 03:38 AM

Let's take the best case scenario in hand two.

1) MP2 always has AK
2) BB always has 77 and never folds
3) MP2 always folds to a raise &amp; always overcalls
4) No implied odds

Your equity is 30% if you just call. The static EV of calling is 2.7 BB. If you raise, your equity jumps up to 40% and the EV of raising 3.3 BB. So no I don't think that a raise is correct in this case when you consider all the factors. Really the only way you could argue for a raise is if you thought that you had some fold equity. Like if you thought that you could take it down &gt; 5% of the time right now.

Edit - If you think Ax is a possbile hand for the BB then it should be an auto raise.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:59 AM

I'd call the river hand 1. You beat a possible pure bluff and there's a lot of whiffed overcards out there that may stab at the pot after river weakness.

For hand 2 I think it would help to know what table impression of you might be. At micros it normally doesn't matter, but at this limit I would think it fair to at least attempt that next level of thinking.

However, I would fold that flop every time and jsut let the lags go to war with each other (am I missing something here?). Given the call I'd call again on the turn. Not sure why this isn't obvious (again, am I missing something here?)
Old 06-04-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I need another 3700 posts to accomplish that. I'll try, but it'll take me another year or two. Of course, by then you'll be in the millions and all hope of attaining Wookie-like coolness will be lost. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, some 2:30 am residual drunkenness shows through in the ambiguity of who my comment was directed at. It was targeted at OP, who is trying to be as cool as me by taking a really early shot at 5/10. Your coolness was not being called into question [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 06-04-2006, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was targeted at OP, who is trying to be as cool as me by taking a really early shot at 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by really early? How early was your shot?

[ QUOTE ]
Your coolness was not being called into question .

[/ QUOTE ]

High Five!

<font color="white"> SIKE </font> !!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!