FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 10:27 PM

Default Calling 2 bets cold on flop with nut low draw and backdoor flush draw

Poker Stars
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+2 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.4SB, 7 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG raises, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, UTG caps, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Is that a good call?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Re: Calling 2 bets cold on flop with nut low draw and backdoor flush draw

With A35 you can call, but A38 should be folded. It appears like it's going to cost you 6 more bets to the end, not worth it for what will most likely be 1/4 if you're lucky.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:44 AM

Default Re: Calling 2 bets cold on flop with nut low draw and backdoor flush draw

There are 5 people still in this hand. Hero still has outs to scoop this thing with 2 backdoor flushes and a backdoor A high straight. Hero could also 3/4 it if the low comes and he hits one of his flushes. No way I'm folding this flop.

Don't underestimate the value of those backdoor draws in what looks to be a large pot. These are the kind of hands that can make your night.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Calling 2 bets cold on flop with nut low draw and backdoor flush d

In response to PorkPie

Don't fold this with 5 people in. This will
make you more money in the long run.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Calling 2 bets cold on flop with nut low draw and backdoor flush d

Yeah, you absolutely have to call this flop. Don't discount the 8 in your hand, either. If it gets down to heads up by the river, an it comes A or 3, that 8 could look pretty nice.
-md
www.myspace.com/iambabyd
Old 06-03-2006, 09:52 AM

Yes. Especially since you have some backdoors.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:08 AM

Should this be played preflop?
Old 06-03-2006, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Of course.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:27 AM

Yeah man those backdoor draws are alive and kickin. Those will come through and hold up a good .23% of the time. Not to mention our out for an 8!!! OMG how did I miss that?!!? And if an ace comes we have teh ultimate TOPA PAIR!!!!

Good thing noone has another A3 either. I mean with a bet, 3 calls, raise, and 3-bet how could anyone possibly have the nut low draw?

Hold on, though, our pot odds are tremendous. We have around 8~1 odds!!! But ... wait, since we're practically going one way, that's only just over 3-1 odds.

Atleast we are guaranteed that noone will raise behind us, though. Oh wait ... we're not. Nevermind.

But we can always count on our low not getting counterfeited, thankfully. Wait .... I'm wrong again, low draws often times get counterfeited!

Note: I still might call this, but it's not as ridiculously easy as you guys are making it out. Maybe If I post a clever picture people will bandwagon my ideas.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well, ok then. Cuz it looks to me like a trash trouble hand more ways than I can count*. Thanks for setting me straight.

* But I'll try: AQo is ok for high, but it's not suited. A8o is trash. A3s is suited and low, not bad. Q8s is a draw to the third-nut flush. Q3o and 83o are uber-trash. So, out of 6 possible combos you've got 3 that are playable, but easily counterfeited, and 3 that are terrible. This does not sound like a profitable hand to me, but I'm new to this game so feel free to correct me.