Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 08:52 PM

Default FIGHT OFF; Csstillo/Corrales

Sorry to start a new thread, but this way people checking this board won't have to look far to find out.

5:25PM: Corrales promoter Gary Shaw announces that the fight is off. "He (Diego Corrales) is not going to put his life at risk," said Shaw. "You saw what happened last time. We are not money hungry!" Castillo's promoter Bob Arum says he is "mortified and completely embarrassed." The SHOWTIME telecast will go on with IBF flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan vs Luis Maldonado as the main event.

Can't blame Chico's decision, I have been waiting for this fight since October. Bad News for all boxing fans.

Tuds
Old 06-02-2006, 09:15 PM

Default Re: FIGHT OFF; Csstillo/Corrales

I can't believe he didn't make weight again. What the hell? I almost went to this fight in Vegas too. Had comped tix, good thing I didn't go. Damn, well any other fights tomorrow night worth betting on?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:30 PM

If ya really want to bet on boxing, Eric Harding is on Showtime in about 40 minutes. He beat Montell Griffith, Glen Johnson, and Antonio Tarver. He is fighting an up and coming prospect named Chad Dawson.

Harding is a nice dog bet at +200, check it out if you are itching to lay something on a boxing match.

Tuds
Old 06-04-2006, 03:23 PM

This kills me, I was really looking forward to this one. Interesting that Corrales gave up the 1.3 million payday to not fight, but I honestly don't blame him. Why don't they just do it at 140 next time around?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't they just do it at 140 next time around?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no belts at 140 also Chico is a 135 fighter/champion. Why should he go up in weight to fight to a guy who doesn't want/can get to proper fight weight.

I was depressed, seriously, after hearing that the fight was called off AGAIN (remember they were supposed to fight in February), but it was the correct decision by Chico and his camp. Chico didn't think about the money, he thought about his well-being. He was going against a guy who was 5 pounds heavier then he was at weigh-in, not a one or two pounds. He could have been seriously injuried by fighting a bigger guy. Even Castillo's promoter, Bob Arum, thought it was best to cancel the fight and it is reported that Arum will lose over 1 million because of the cancelation. Also Arum doesn't want to promote Castillo anymore after his antics and disrespect to boxing, translation; Cotto vs. Castillo is also off.

This is just a bad situation for everyone involved, including all the boxing fans who have been chomping at the bit to see this fight.

Tuds
Old 06-05-2006, 01:15 PM

Castillo and his trainers should really be ashamed of themselves. He is a disgrace to the sport of boxing.