Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Dealer sticking it to the player?

An cute little incident at the Borgata $300 tournament a few weeks back:

We are a few levels in, and it is time for a deck change. The dealer takes out the new deck, and as he does, the player in seat 2 asks the dealer if he knows how many people are in the tournament. The dealer puts down the deck, looks around the room, and begins to say "looks like about 300 or so..." when a Big Surly guy (BSG) in seat 6, apparently upset with the 10 second delay that this exchange took, jumps in and says to the dealer "Stop talking and start shuffling".

The dealer plays it off like he's not offended, but I could tell he was a little pissed. Anyway, the next hand that the Big Surly Guy is in (about 4 hands later), BSG is in the CO and raises. The small blind calls, and there are two to the flop, which comes KT4r. SB checks, BSG makes a continuation bet, SB calls. Turn and river go check-check, and the small blind shows a weak king.

BSG mucks by throwing his cards face down to the center of the table. As the dealer goes to sweep up his cards, he "accidentally" flips BOTH of them over, exposing BSG's pocket 9's. Dealer says a quick "sorry", and BSG does not say anything (it was a pretty smooth motion).

I think there was no way this was a coincidence, but I was surprised that BSG or anyone else at the table didn't say anything about it.

Anyone think the dealer was OK with his little revenge? I'd also like to hear any other dealer revenge stories.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Dealer sticking it to the player?

Dealers are people too. Not a good thing to offend your supplier.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:02 PM

So you are assuming it wasn't an accident right? If so, yes I have a problem with it but I tend to lean more towards "the it was an accident" myself. I just don't see how you can say the dealer was getting revenge when you have no proof or evidence that he didn't do it on accident. If you do then it should be mentioned in your post.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:06 PM

So a dealer flipped over a mucked hand on accident/purpose. Omg, call the 2+2 police and make sure everyone in the world knows that this "one time at the Borgata...". Who cares really is all I'm saying. There are worse things that could have happened and better things that could have been posted in place of "dealer flipped a mucked hand".
Old 06-02-2006, 03:07 PM

Might not've been the dealer, just Karma in general
Old 06-02-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you are assuming it wasn't an accident right? If so, yes I have a problem with it but I tend to lean more towards "the it was an accident" myself. I just don't see how you can say the dealer was getting revenge when you have no proof or evidence that he didn't do it on accident. If you do then it should be mentioned in your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mention this in th OP, but I don't remember the dealer being card-flip prone. Also, flipping up BOTH cards? And this was the next hand BSG was involved in after the incident. I'm no conspiracy theory nut (although I guess conspiracy theory nuts wouldn't think they are), but it seems way too coincidental to me.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:11 PM

Fair Enough, people treat you the way you treat them just another example of this.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So a dealer flipped over a mucked hand on accident/purpose. Omg, call the 2+2 police and make sure everyone in the world knows that this "one time at the Borgata...". Who cares really is all I'm saying. There are worse things that could have happened and better things that could have been posted in place of "dealer flipped a mucked hand".

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought at the time was "Way To Go dealer!" I worked as a busboy throughout college, and rememeber my experiences with bad customers. And BSG did act like a dick in my opinion (although he later seemed like a decent guy).

Still, BSG did pay $300+ to play, he doesn't need the dealer screwing with his table image in a tourney.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Still, BSG did pay $300+ to play, he doesn't need the dealer screwing with his table image in a tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then BSG should have acted like he payed $300 and not like a little biatch because of a couple second delay. His table image was shot after that anyways. Unless he wanted to look like a prick.
Old 06-02-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I worked as a busboy throughout college, and rememeber my experiences with bad customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell us some of your occupational revenge stories too then.