Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Well this isn\'t all that pleasant

Original PFR is the table maniac, 64/29/2.3 after 86 hands. I've seen her raise K2s, 3-bet A2s and cap preflop with KJo. Actually she'll almost always cap PF if she has the opportunity The LRR is shortstacked with about 2.5BB.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (18 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero...

Oh. So what now?

I might make this a pseudo-playalong, but I don't think I played it all that well so it's not really [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

E: nothin' on the guy who's betting into me
Old 06-02-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Well this isn\'t all that pleasant

Yikes. I'm not sure either.

What do you have on the SB donkbet? I'm not so afraid of the maniac or the stack-off donk as much as someone who called preflop twice and donked into all three of the players who PFR'd.

Edit: I see you just answered this. I'm stumped. Raising is worthless, as neither the maniac nor the stack-off donk will fold. Calling is pretty pointless, since it will probably be raised if not reraised and capped behind you. And I think you have too much equity to fold.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:38 PM

Arg, tough. If UTG wasn't short stacked, against standard capping range it's not a great flop for us because we're only ahead of JJ. A 3-bet is very likely from UTG which might fold the maniac (don't know how loose they are preflop.
The argument for calling is that you want to keep the donating SB in the hand.
The other argument is that the pot is large so if there's any chance atall that UTG will fold if you raise then you should probably raise.

I might call and raise a non heart/king turn if UTG calls.

Ok I'm just confused, you have lots of options and it's tough to know what to do because of the random element of whether UTG has a legitimate hand or not. You can't fold though, even if UTG turned over KK,
Old 06-02-2006, 01:43 PM

This might be one of those times where we wait for the turn to raise again... just a thought. If we raise, we give everyone 19:2 = 9.5:1 = ~4.5 outs to call. With implied odds they'd still be able to call if they had 4 outs remaining. So I suppose there's 2 paths we can take... raise and bloat the pot, or call and raise the turn.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:46 PM

Well, I call because I want to see the turn, but I'm probably not raising w/o the nuts. I don't like the preflop 3bet 4 ways in bad position.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:49 PM

even though the preflop raiser is a maniac and your AQ is clearly better than his range i think you should just call preflop.

given your pf play, i have no idea wtf to do on the flop because i cant remember the last time ive been in this position in a 18 bet, 4-way pot.

but i would raise.

edit: sorry i missed the limp reraise, just call the flop.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:53 PM

call

bbb
Old 06-02-2006, 01:54 PM

Any reads on UTG at all? This is a tough spot to be in. I would at least call and see the turn.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reads on UTG at all? This is a tough spot to be in. I would at least call and see the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

A read on UTG doesn't matter all that much... he's short-stacked and most likely is putting all his chips in with whatever he has.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads on UTG don't matter; he's got 1.5SB and will probably be going all in this hand--he'll raise if we call.