Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 12:21 PM

Default QQ, with K in flop -- make a continuation bet here?

PartyPoker S&G (9 handed) blinds 30/60

UTG (t1840)
UTG+1 (t1660)
MP1 (t1530)
MP2 (t2300)
MP3 (t2198)
CO (t1830)
Hero (t2740)
SB (t3590)
BB (t2312)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t60, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t220</font>, SB calls t190, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t160

Flop: (t630) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks
Old 06-01-2006, 12:22 PM

Default Re: QQ, with K in flop -- make a continuation bet here?

I def. would.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:23 PM

Ok yes here I would cbet because it is such a natural thing to do on a K high flop. A high is a bit of a different kettle of fish especially being in position, but I'm willing to cbet this.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:26 PM

Typically I'm Cbetting unless I can find a reason NOT to. This is a difficult flop which may have helped eitehr opponent. One certaintly has Ax, but you would be fortunate if the other did too.

If you are Cbetting I would be asking myself, what am I going to do on the turn. if the bet/check to me. If it is check/fold, then check and wait for turn action.

Without specific reads I could go either way. The answer to this question is entirely read dependent.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:28 PM

This is an interesting hand because of how coordinated the board is. People are going to call you with anything this early in a SNG. Then, if a scare card comes, you have to let it go. But they could also have a K with a weak kicker and decide to just call you down. Either way, I like just checking here and hoping to get a cheap river. That way, if a scare card does come, they will only bet a small amount hoping to induce a call and you will lose less chips than a bet on the flop and possibly one or two more bets. Just check and hope for a Q on the turn.