Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2006, 07:33 PM

Default .25/.50: 2nd nuts fullhouse

Reads: UTG+1 was a maniac who had raised hands like JTo the cap if they had hit a middle pair or something like that. I had won a lot from him in the session and he had taken a few reloads.

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 5 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.8BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 re-raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.8BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>
Old 05-31-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: .25/.50: 2nd nuts fullhouse

If you're not ahead often enough to make it 4 on the turn (no cap HU), then you're no better off here. Call, or 4bet the turn. What was your read?
Old 05-31-2006, 07:45 PM

its hard to convey the level/type of a maniac to allow others to properly recommend going 4 vs 5 vs 6 bets. trust your instincts.. adjust as you keep playing vs him.

looks like you raised the river.. just cap the turn and call a river bet if you wanted 5 big bets going in.

if he capped the flop with middle pair and then called down.. i'd be wary when he 3-bets the turn.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:48 PM

Given that read, I think I put in another raise on the turn and call a river bet if he still comes over the top.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that read, I think I put in another raise on the turn and call a river bet if he still comes over the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno.. this is where a maniac type would help. some go nuts on the cheap streets.. some go nuts on all streets.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:48 PM

He'd probably play a Q like this. I'd cap turn and call a river bet - bet/calling if checked to.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:14 PM

GRunch..

I would raise, I also wouldve capped the turn. No ace you win, ace you don't. Highly unlikely that he has the ace, and I think you would win this far more than enough times to make up for the times you will lose
Old 05-31-2006, 11:28 PM

Here's somethin I have to know. I don't have a very large DB yet so I was wondering if we could use your's Wook. It seems to me that at the turn he has to be ahead an overwhelming amount of the time, so how many hands do you have and how many times have you had quad aces? Thanks. What I'm trying to get at is quad aces are so rare that he shouldn't worry too much about them, but I would like numbers to back it up.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:47 AM

You're not asking the right question. It's very bad to think "Oh, quad aces are rare. He doesn't have them." You need to think, "How often does he have quad aces, given that three are on the board AND that he's been betting and raising at every opportunity?"

So, what hands that contain an A would villain raise preflop? How many ways can he have each (Hint: there are 4 ways for him to have AJ)? How many hands would villain raise preflop that have a Q in them? How many ways can he have each? Are there any other hands that villain would raise preflop and then play this way? How many ways can he have them.

If you can answer those questions, then I'll tell you how many times I've had quad aces. Assuming you still care.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:59 AM

:g:
I would cap the turn here. There's only one ace left in the deck. A true maniac will play anything from the last ace to a Q to total air the same way.

Just tonight I was playing with a maniac who capped w/ total air on the turn w/ K-high. The point is that they have crap more often then they have the hand they're trying to represent, so pump 'em.