Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 11:45 PM

Default Post Flop Agression Factor / Help

I have been using Pokertracker for a little over a week now. Combined with GameTime+, I am starting to feel a little more confident making decisions at the table. The only stat that I am having some trouble with is the PostFlop AF. I understand what it is comprised of, any basically what it means. I am just having trouble incorporating it into my decisions at the table. Could anyone give me some examples in which AF comes into play, as far as decisionmaking is concerned?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:13 AM

Location: Just south of a little place I like to call...none of your goddamned business
Default Re: Post Flop Agression Factor / Help

PT is just a tool to help you find leaks by analyzing stats. You shouldn't think "oh my aggression factor is low post flop" so I should focus on bumping it up.

In large pot situations you just have to get into a full time mindset that "this pot is worth winning and I'm going after it.." within reason of course.

At the lower limits it seems you'd better have the goods 95% of the time because you aren't going to bluff some folks off bottom pair/ace high/queen high for that matter very often. If you think you have the best hand value bet mercilessly at every opportunity...this will drag your aggression factor up across the board and make you some money if you're reading them correctly most of the time.

But if you're dying to hit the average winning player's statistical mean you probably want to see CallMeIshmael's Opus
Old 05-29-2006, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been using Pokertracker for a little over a week now. Combined with GameTime+, I am starting to feel a little more confident making decisions at the table. The only stat that I am having some trouble with is the PostFlop AF. I understand what it is comprised of, any basically what it means. I am just having trouble incorporating it into my decisions at the table. Could anyone give me some examples in which AF comes into play, as far as decisionmaking is concerned?

[/ QUOTE ]

The lower the number the more you should respect their bets/raises. It is inversely related to VPIP meaning that if someone has a high VPIP then the lower the aggression needs to be to imply that the player is aggessive. Example;

Player A has VPIP of 15 and aggession of 2 is less aggessive then player B that has a VPIP of 40 and aggession factor of 2. Also try the pokertracker forums.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PT is just a tool to help you find leaks by analyzing stats. You shouldn't think "oh my aggression factor is low post flop" so I should focus on bumping it up.

In large pot situations you just have to get into a full time mindset that "this pot is worth winning and I'm going after it.." within reason of course.

At the lower limits it seems you'd better have the goods 95% of the time because you aren't going to bluff some folks off bottom pair/ace high/queen high for that matter very often. If you think you have the best hand value bet mercilessly at every opportunity...this will drag your aggression factor up across the board and make you some money if you're reading them correctly most of the time.

But if you're dying to hit the average winning player's statistical mean you probably want to see CallMeIshmael's Opus

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he was asking about how to evaluate opponents Agg
Old 05-29-2006, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really more referring to using my opponents' AF's to help with decisionmaking during a hand.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:27 AM

Location: Just south of a little place I like to call...none of your goddamned business

Ooops,

My bad [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] It's been a long day. Well, in THAT case...if the guy's aggression factor is high you know he's gonna make that continuation bet at you whether he hit or not. So it's pretty ugly...either he has his hand and he's value betting or he's just trying to push you off your hand. With those aggressive types it becomes HEAVILY read dependent.

Now, if you get some passive type who is shoving chips at you and re-raising and capping you should tend to lean towards folding unless you've made a strong hand.

How's that? Hope it helps.