Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 11:02 PM

Default pokerdome

seems like a great concept for the spectators that are there but so far the tv production has been crap-is anyone watchin this?
Old 05-28-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Re: pokerdome

I like the idea of the speed decisions, but starting people with 25xbb is pretty ridiculous. I wonder if the blind levels are 15 minutes (including commercials) as well like they were when I was on the World Poker Challenge back in January. At least you get a $7k package just for getting on the show, as opposed to just a flight to L.A. and two nights hotel for the UB WPC
Old 05-28-2006, 11:23 PM

The shows are being taped, and I think the levels are at 20 minutes each. The show started here at 10pm on FSN NY, and 30 minutes into the show, they were still at level 1 (1k/2k).
Old 05-28-2006, 11:25 PM

guess i wasn't payin attention to the structure that closely. they started with 50,000 in chips, was it 1000-2000 to start? i missed the first 15 minutes or so. in terms of play tho, these guys look like my dream table on the 33's. brian wilson is a local celeb(im from same home town) and he played like a complete donk.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the idea of the speed decisions, but starting people with 25xbb is pretty ridiculous. I wonder if the blind levels are 15 minutes (including commercials) as well like they were when I was on the World Poker Challenge back in January. At least you get a $7k package just for getting on the show, as opposed to just a flight to L.A. and two nights hotel for the UB WPC

[/ QUOTE ]

The same promoter behind UB Hollywood Park, Rick Kulis of Hollybrook Regency Inc., is behind PokerDome.

The only differences between PokerDome and UB Hollywood Park:

1. Pot limit pre-flop until heads-up play begins

2. 15-second decision clock with one 30-second time out per player prior to heads-up and one additiona 30-second time out when heads-up begins

3. Slightly faster structure as UB Hollywood Park, but with chip counts multplied by 5. 50000 chips to start with 1000-2000 in level 1 instead of 10000 chips to start with 100-200 in level 1. Basically, PokerDome has the same structure as UB Hollywood Park, but with the first UB Hollywood Park level skipped.

4. At least one of the 6 players for each episode was/is/will be "invited" based on industry connections.

For the premier episode, ALL 6 players were invited based on industry connections. None of the 6 were internet qualifiers.

Qualifiers from MansionPoker.com do not take part until the 2nd episode.

The 5 MansionPoker.com qualifers for June 3 are:

mpendle
No Name
Wackadoo
Zimbra
zombi2

The 5 MansionPoker.com qualifiers for June 10 are:

Delliks
Loswages2
mctrap
My Maria
SaloonHal

--

The July 12 special edition of PokerDome will be LIVE on FSN's Eastern Time Zone affiliates (New England, New York, Pittsburgh, Florida, South, Ohio) at 6-10pm Eastern Time (replacing the $10 million buy-in event from Australia which was cancelled.) That show will allegedly have a $1 million prize pool.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:57 PM

Waiting for the hot or not thread
Old 05-29-2006, 12:51 AM

I thought the pokerdome was at the Plaza?
Lisa Dergan is easy on the eyes.
So far mildly entertaining. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2006, 12:56 AM

It's going to be at the Neonopolis (or whatever they're calling that thing in Downtown Vegas), however the first few weeks are being held at the Tropicana.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:48 AM

From Dave Colclough's Wikipedia profile...

He (Colclough) spent much of 2005 travelling with and training Brian "Rookie" Wilson, who went on to win a bracelet at the 2005 World Series of Poker. Wilson continually credits Colclough for his achievements.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:59 AM

I didn't like it.