Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Too little, too late for John Kerry

It gives one pause for concern as to why these charges were not more vociferously challenged during the campaign.

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Kerry's defenders have received help from unlikely sources, including some who were originally aligned with the Swift boat group but later objected to its accusations against Mr. Kerry. One of them, Steve Hayes, was an early member of the group. A former sailor, he was a longtime friend and employee of William Franke, one of the group's founders, and he supported the push to have Mr. Kerry release his military files. But Mr. Hayes came to believe that the group was twisting Mr. Kerry's record.

"The mantra was just 'We want to set the record straight,' " Mr. Hayes said this month. "It became clear to me that it was morphing from an organization to set the record straight into a highly political vendetta. They knew it was not the truth."

Mr. Hayes broke with the group, ending a 35-year friendship with Mr. Franke, and voted for Mr. Kerry. He has provided a long interview to Mr. Kerry's supporters, backing their version of the incident for which Mr. Kerry received the Bronze Star.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kerry Pressing Swift Boat Case Long After Loss
Old 05-28-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Too little, too late for John Kerry

I never understood why someone would tout the fact that they racked up 3 purple hearts in 3 months and booked it out of there. I would probably be ashamed of that and try as best I can to cover it up entirely.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:49 PM

It's difficult to isolate fact and fancy. Two things I am sure of, John O'Neil really hates Kerry, deep down FU hate. It's basis may be nothing more than Kerry's post war activism, I'll never know.

The other is my absolute certainty that the swift boat veterans swung the election. For that I am in their debt.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never understood why someone would tout the fact that they racked up 3 purple hearts in 3 months and booked it out of there. I would probably be ashamed of that and try as best I can to cover it up entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to guarding the coast of Texas from the Viet Cong in an aircraft that had been decommissioned, and then going AWOL for several months?

It never ceases to amaze me how the Chickenhawks (i.e. Dick Cheney, who had "other priorities" like his two DUI's and five deferments) get a free pass, while Kerry takes heat for alleged embellishment, in spite of compelling testimony from guys like Green Beret Jim Rassman, a lifelong republican, who said that Kerry came back in his swift boat amid enemy fire and pulled him out of the Mekong Delta.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:12 PM

I don't understand how what you typed has anything to do with what you quoted, but, yeah, if I were Bush I wouldn't go around touting my military service either.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean by, for example, refusing to release one's military medical records?
Old 05-28-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey ching pao. weren't you supposed to have killed yourself like 3 months ago? you said that in a thread.

republcainnnn, republicannn--- nooo so lame.

bush's air national guard service was embarrassing next to kery's service record.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when did you serve in the military? I wasn't aware that heavy bearded repo men with goatees were well represented.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when did you serve in the military? I wasn't aware that heavy bearded repo men with goatees were well represented.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hack" is an appropriate name for you. Defend the "honor" of the Democcratic Party with as little honor as possible. You are a great American.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:35 PM

And Mencken is an appropriate name for you. A stupid bigot of german extraction. shoulda been tellin those german immigrants to learn to speak english. my ancestors always viewed them as subhuman and not as good as people of british extraction.