Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2006, 12:38 PM

Default For a returning player...

Hello to all. Hopefully I can get some good input on this post, as I have been away from 2+2 for a little while, and in fact, away from my poker game or a while as well.

I have been a LHE player for about 5 years now. I am a full-time student and play about 15-20 hours online during the week when I am in school and usually in the range of 25-30 online and 10-15 live during the summers. Poker has been my only source of income for the past three years. I have a decent win-rate overall (Í've only used Poker Tracker for about a year, though) although I have noticed a drop within the last year as compared to about 2 years ago, which I would say was the peak for fish at Party (for me anyway).

Online, I generally play 2/4 and 3/6 full, although at times I play 5/10 if the game is right. Live, I play anywhere from 3/6 to 10/20, based on table selection. The culture of church festival poker is really fascinating in the Cleveland area; it's made me keep coming back to my parents' home for the summers because it can be so lucrative.

Anyway, I would consider myself a student of the game. I have read Super System, Small Stakes HE, Hold 'em for Advanced Players, and have recently started reading Harrington on Hold 'em. When I feel I am playing poorly, I take a reak and retool after some reading. I look at hand histories in PT and analyze what I think I'm doing wrong.

Now that my profile is out there, I think it's safe to say I am a serious player, but it is not my life aspiration. With that in mind, I would like for my game to grow, but more importantly, I want to maximize my opportunity cost and earnings.

Since I have been a low/mid LHE full ring player, I have considered learning to play other games. I will be returning to the US from Spain in two weeks time and am wondering if I should look into starting to play other games? I would consider learning to play 6-max LHE, full-ring NL, and 6-max NL. I am not terribly familiar with any of these games, although I have read a bit more about 6-max LHE, just to get accustomed. I am also considering moving my roll around, as I am predominantly at Party. I have about a $1200 roll still sitting stagnant at Party. It's down from what it was, just because I haven't been playing.

So, for any takers on this massively long post, please advise me as to what you think I should do. I am going to get back into the swing of things very soon, but think I may need to look into new games (full ring LHE seems to be dying on the internet). Please help me. Thanks to all.

ryan
Old 05-28-2006, 12:45 PM

Default Re: For a returning player...

You definitely should make the switch to 6max, its more profitable for a winning player, and there are tons more games.

In poker as in life, learning something new never hurts, so anytime you branch out and learn a new game, its gunna be helpful.

also, could you explain this satement

I have about a $1200 roll still sitting stagnant at Party. It's down from what it was, just because I haven't been playing.

If you havent been playing, how has it shrunk?
Old 05-28-2006, 01:00 PM

party steals money
Old 05-28-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Leakage. Just like memory.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would consider learning to play 6-max LHE

[/ QUOTE ]

if the variance of this will not make you nuts, this is exactly the route you should take imo. 3-6 or 5-10.

gl
Old 06-10-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also, could you explain this satement

I have about a $1200 roll still sitting stagnant at Party. It's down from what it was, just because I haven't been playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to withdraw some funds to continue **living** in Spain. Seriously, the conversion from dollars to euros is simply terrible these days. As much as it kills travel for Americans to Europe, it equally hurts many Europeans in an economic sense. In Madrid, since the inception of the EU, flat prices have nearly tripled.

There's my explanation. Hope it makes sense.