Hero ($50)
UTG+1 ($46.05)
MP1 ($28.15)
MP2 ($37.65)
MP3 ($74.75)
CO ($13.45)
Button ($86.80)
SB ($118.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $5.5</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($11.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>,

like the line at all?
I figure AK is very strong in my range. If im against AA, so be it and losing $15 isnt too bad. if I'm against KK I have a load of folding equity.

I think pre flop this call is horrible, I went in with the plan of potting if my QQ was an overpair and check folding to any overcard but changed my mind on the flop.

No reads, literally second hand.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:57 PM

Default Re: $50nl shot gets nasty fast, QQ OOP, pre flop re-raise

Wait wait wait, you will like your hand if it is an overpair but all of the sudden when an ace flops you put him on KK?

I don't think I like this very much. His range here is probably JJ+ and AK. KK lets it go, maybe. That is it.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait wait wait, you will like your hand if it is an overpair but all of the sudden when an ace flops you put him on KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I changed my mind, I don't know if my thinking was right pre flop or post flop. SHould I like it as an overpair?
Old 05-27-2006, 11:43 PM

At FR I don't really like your flop line (unless you know that UTG+1 is clueless, which we don't in this case).

You have to give villain credit here for having half a brain. What range of hands is villain going to reraise from early position at FR? AA-JJ, AKs most likely. You could possibly add in TT, AKo and AQs if you knew that villain was really aggressive.

That flop just hit at least half of villain's likely holdings. I don't like betting into villain here. Even if villain has a hand like KK or QQ since you didn't repop him PF he could easily figure that you are taking a shot at the pot with a middle pair and come over the top with KK or QQ.

Given the PF action I prefer a c/f to any strength on the flop here. If it checks through on the flop you can reconsider your position on the turn.

If you get a flop of nothing but undercards I don't mind the lead so much. Then if villain comes back over the top again you can fold since villain is representing a monster twice.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:44 AM

too fancy/strange. check-fold the flop if he makes a reasonable bet.