Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Three Handed for WSOP ME Seat

Three players left for WSOP ME seat package. Winner gets package and losers get nothing.

Small blind 33,000
Big blind 48,000
Button (me) with 30,000

Small blind is probably the toughest player. Blinds are 400/800 with an ante.

I have ATo. I make it 2000. Small blind calls and big blind folds.

Flop comes 7 8 9 rainbow.

Small blind bets 5000. What's my best play? Comments
appreciated.

Bruce
Old 05-27-2006, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Three Handed for WSOP ME Seat

I would have probably raised more preflop, something like 2500-3000, but that is beside the point.

If I were SB, I would have called with a very wide range, and might bet into that flop with almost anything.

You have obviously been short handed with these players for quite a while. What have they been doing? Do you have any control over them in certain situations?

I'm definitely playing this hand. Whether I call or raise is dependent upon the last 20-30 hands of play. What are the situational dynamics?

Will the SB lay this hand down? How much of a raise will be required to do that? Am I ready to go to the wall with a draw?

You are very likely to have 13 or 14 outs twice even if you are behind. You have a small Ace outkicked. The only hands that rob you of odds are any A7, A8 or A9.

The opponent doesn't have a pair greater than or equal to sevens, or he would have likely played the hand differently.

This might not be a bad situation to shove. You might be ahead. You have a decent drawing hand. There are only a few unlikely hands where you are going to be a big dog.

Blind escalation (e.g., M consideration) is not an issue because the game will be over before the blinds get that big.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:16 PM

pushpushpushpushpushpushpush.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:17 PM

Easy push.. you have FE and good odds if called, and it's winner take all, so cEV = EV.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy push.. you have FE and good odds if called, and it's winner take all, so cEV = EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is correct without a good read on the guy. On top of that, you have a huge stack in comparison to the blinds, but I'n not big sat player
Old 05-27-2006, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is correct without a good read on the guy. On top of that, you have a huge stack in comparison to the blinds, but I'n not big sat player

[/ QUOTE ]

A strong read could change my mind on this... but readless or with the read that he's a strong player that OP gave, this is a really easy push.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:49 PM

The big stack was playing scared, I was more than happy to play him heads up. I did not want the small blind to double up against the big blind. The small blind appeared to be a good player. I was the most aggressive player remaining, but I wan't playing crazy aggressive. When he bet I assumed he hit the flop, I did not think he would bet trying to steal the pot from me. I did not want to play the small blind heads up with him having me doubled, if I could possibly prevent that scenario.

Bruce