Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2006, 11:46 AM

Default (Party 11) A10 hand 5 handed

I don't have SNGPT so I don't know the ICM numbers for this. I'm guessing this is a clear push, but could someone confirm this for me? 5 handed A10 is a good hand ( 4handed really if you discount the shorty). With my chips aswell the hand is looking very nice.

PartyPoker $11 Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t2420)
CO (t28)
Button (t3940)
SB (t3319)
BB (t10293)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t2420 (All-in)</font>, CO calls t28 (All-in), <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB calls t2020
Old 05-27-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: (Party 11) A10 hand 5 handed

This is completely dependent on your read of the BB. If he's calling with top ~40 percent I think this is a clear fold.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:19 PM

Putting BB on 20% and Button/SB on 12%, you're getting around neutral EV to push with ATo. It becomes +0.5% only when he gets as tight as top 6%. I think you know the answer now. BB is going to call a lot with his stack, screwing you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2006, 06:35 PM

Without SNGPT, this looks like an easy push; can't imagine BB's calling range being that large to make it -$EV.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Putting BB on 20% and Button/SB on 12%, you're getting around neutral EV to push with ATo. It becomes +0.5% only when he gets as tight as top 6%. I think you know the answer now. BB is going to call a lot with his stack, screwing you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is part of what i explained to you in the other thread...big stacks in blinds have wide ranges and you therefore have to tighten up yours, ESPECIALLY when idiot big stacks will think "oh, hes just pushing any two bc he wants those 28 chips from the CO)". this is probably a flip, i dont hate the push but bc ill have more FE when the bubble comes, and your UTG (vs on the button), i might fold this. i dont hate a push though, just based on situation and numbers shown, but the BB does have to be tight enough here and im not sure that he is. the more situations you run into like this the better of a feel youll get here.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:17 PM

Easy push.. blinds are about to run through you, and youre the short stack. Youre going to get a lot of 4ths playing tight enough as to fold here.