Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 11:27 PM

Default 77 in middle position with good stack

I just don't feel like I play these kinds of hands well, and I don't play too many big multi-table tournaments due to time constraints.

Level 4 of the Friday Special. 580 players left out of 930. Blinds are 100/200. I have T13400 and average is T7800. Villain has T5800 and was just moved to the table 4 hands earlier, so no read.

Two folds, and I raise to T600. Folded around to BB who calls.

Flop is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks and I bet T600. BB calls.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks, I check.

River is Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB bets T1225 and I fold.

I know that this is wrong in a lot of ways, and my natural style of play is a lot more aggressive than this weak crap. But I still am not sure of the optimal play. I am thinking that a flop bet of the pot is a good start.

Thoughts?
Old 05-27-2006, 12:28 AM

Default Re: 77 in middle position with good stack

Take this for what it's worth because I usually play small buyins, but I'm much less afraid of the K since two of them are out there rather than one. Also, you as the pre-flop raiser will probably get more respect as possibly holding the king if you bet. By the river I fold though, as any number of hands have you beat. I suppose an argument could be made for pushing, but I'd rather look for a better spot, especially since you've shown some weakness so far.

Will