Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 10:09 PM

Default Bitter Waitresses.

www.bitterwaitress.com

Has anyone seen this site? It's pretty funny. There are pages and pages in their STD (Sh*tty Tipper Database) that list people who left crappy tips at restaurants.

And you will see famous people on there. Brad Pitt, Pam ANderson, Britney Spears... etc. Be sure to read the "Read details" link to hear a bit more about the story.

Here's a typical story:

Tipper's Name: Eddie Money
Where it happened: Chicago
Total bill / Tip amount / Percentage: $850.00 / $65.00 / 7%
What happened:
The cheap jerk came in with his trashy wife and kid and band members and enjoyed a FREE meal ..the bill was comped. They did not drink due to fact that they were playing a gig at the House of Blues later on that night. What a classless jerk! He made all his band members leave the tip..he did not leave a cent..nicles, dimes, quarters and crumpled up singles ll over the table..as well he went rooting through the piano players tip jar because he thought he put a hundred instead of a single in it!! Disgraceful!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Bitter Waitresses.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a link to that site through a thread on here. A lot of the entries are retarded, like someone complained because they were "only" tipped $2 for ice cream.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:51 PM

id tell her how to spell "nickel" and use apostrophes correctly.

bwana
Old 05-26-2006, 11:00 PM

I dont know how I feal about the people posting on that site. Some of it is legit, but then i'll read about people bitching that someone left a $100 tip for a $1500 bill for 10 people. I think that typical %'s can be voided if you're racking up a bill that large, what kind of a host deserves more then $100 for a party of ten?
Old 05-26-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I've seen a link to that site through a thread on here. A lot of the entries are retarded, like someone complained because they were "only" tipped $2 for ice cream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of them I think are too harsh. Like "Only" getting 10% on a $600 bill. Come on, $60 for one party should be plenty. I mean damn, I'd take that any day of the week. And if a majority of the bill is due to wine bottles, then I think 15%-20% shouldn't apply. I like reading the stories though.

Another funny one:
Tipper's Name: Some guy with a Mullet
Restaurant: Ihop
Where it happened: Philadelphia
Total bill / Tip amount / Percentage: $14.00 / $0.00 / 0%
What happened:
This guy is stuck in the 70's- 80's. He wears a mullet and dirty clothes. He is missing most of his teeth. He has been coming in for a while now. He usually tips well but after I yelled at him for talking dirty to me I guess I pissed him off. I felt bad for him because no on wanted to wait on him. Well I am glad he will not be requesting me anymore.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:09 PM

Tipper's Name: Dave Gahan
Restaurant: Ruggles Grill
Where it happened: Houston, TX
Total bill / Tip amount / Percentage: $6937.00 / $100.00 / 1%
What happened:
This [censored] came in acting like some stupid rock star wannabe and tied up two of my tables all evening with all his trashy buddies, ordering expensive wine and drinks, and running my ass off. Then he acted like a big shot when he handed me a c-note and thanked me with a smarmy grin.

Man, that [censored] didn't even cover my tip pool, and my manager was dick about it, too. He didn't give a break on it at all. I ended up paying out $40 more in tip pool and going home with $6 for the night.

wtf is a tip pool and how did it hose her out of her tip???
Old 05-26-2006, 11:14 PM

thanks hornblower, now I got "Two tickets to Paradise" stuck in my head. I'm gonna go hang myself now.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks hornblower, now I got "Two tickets to Paradise" stuck in my head. I'm gonna go hang myself now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. Here's a better one: "Im a barbie girl". Enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!
Old 05-26-2006, 11:20 PM

That site makes me glad that tipping is not part of the society over here.

I've heard some ridiculous stuff from American friends of mine about waitresses chasing them out of restaurants because they didn't tip as much as they thought they deserved to be tipped. Did it ever occur to them that perhaps their service wasn't as crash hot as they thought it was? Or maybe they just didn't show enough leg.

Looking at some of the entries, you can pretty much tell that some of them will have taken "revenge" on their customers too. Glad I don't have to put up with that thought every time I go out.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did it ever occur to them that perhaps their service wasn't as crash hot as they thought it was?

[/ QUOTE ]

Crash Hot? Where are you from? Nunavut?