UTG+1 ($31.75)
MP1 ($6.75)
MP2 ($23.30)
MP3 ($38.35)
CO ($53.70)
Button ($14.45)
SB ($35)
Hero ($24.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.25, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: ($1.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, MP1 calls $1, MP2 folds, SB folds.

River: ($4.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.5</font>

It was akward on the flop, does anyone bet here?
Turn and river seemed ok (I think) but the flop, I dont really know the ideal plan to go for here.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: OESD vs flush draw on flop

I don't like semi-bluffing on that flop against 4 opponents, the hand looks good (probably more on the river).
Old 05-25-2006, 02:13 PM

I bet here all the time, even against that many opponents. This is just my opinion but it always seems that if someone was playing a set/ 2 pair here, they seem to focus on that flush cards hitting and fail to realize that I just hit my straight. Granted you also have to realize you may only have 6 clean outs so when the 9 or A of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls you have ot be careful.
I would be interested to hear if this is standard or not.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:22 PM

Full pot on the turn. More on river. No sense in betting the flop OOP with that many villians.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:31 PM

Man, then I need to think about getting myself out of those -EV spots. I do it all the time. My thought process was either I could take it down right there, get heads up with one opponent and try to out play him later if need be, or have two or more guys left and have a nice sized pot (20+BB) where I could possibly get paid off very well if I hit. It also is good for aggression purposes. But thinking it over maybe putting in 5BB's with only 25ish% equity ain't worth it.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:38 PM

If you wanna play a big pot when you hit bet the flop. If they all call slow down on the turn if you hit continue. I think this works well because they will start to question your cbets if you do end up slowing down. Then when you actually are betting for value you will get paid off on the flop more often as they see if you will shutdown on the turn.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full pot on the turn. More on river. No sense in betting the flop OOP with that many villians.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure this is perfect for $25nl and not general SSNL?
I have tried different value bet amounts and find a huge amount of people call 3/5 pot than 4/5 or full pot..

Also is the pot on the turn for protection? I think mine is enough for the first caller but I do have a problem in protecting the hand, by the time it comes round to SB he is getting his odds. Is the solution just to bet more.. seems like its all or nothing because a pot will often fold the first few and the rest will fold because they dont have odds to draw heads up..?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2006, 04:54 PM

Mik, if they're calling you, they are calling whether you add the one bb or not to your turn bet size. The turn bet is to get max value, and to protect against the two flush draws that are out there.