Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Default Sam Farha

I really like to watch Sam when he is playing, he is a LAG, quite the character and he dresses great.

But I have the idea that Sam is not very friendly towards dealers or am I mistaken? Everytime if I see him play he is saying "Deal!", "Come on", "Let's go!". It doesn't sound very friendly.

I also heard some stories that he really is a pain in the ass. True?
Old 05-25-2006, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Sam Farha

[ QUOTE ]
I really like to watch Sam when he is playing, he is a LAG, quite the character and he dresses great.

But I have the idea that Sam is not very friendly towards dealers or am I mistaken? Everytime if I see him play he is saying "Deal!", "Come on", "Let's go!". It doesn't sound very friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have heard the opposite. i have also heard he is quite the tipper.
Old 05-25-2006, 01:38 PM

probably just an antsy gambloooor

also when people get stuck i think they are more angry....notice how annoying sheikhan gets when he's stuck (during hsnl). If he was winning, he'd probably be more carefree.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:14 PM

People like that drive me nutso. If you're going to be an [censored] at least be a permanent no-tipping [censored] so I can genuinely hate you and not feel bad about it.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have heard the opposite. i have also heard he is quite the tipper.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLOL
Old 05-26-2006, 12:25 AM

http://razzo.com/razzo-farha-02wsop-1.jpg

Sammy is Sammy. He breaks stones here and there. But like most poker players, much different away from the table.

I have dealt to most if not all the players in 'the Big game'. Sammy is right up there as far as the intimidating factor for me. He was never out of line... and never stiffed me. There wasn't on occasion where when I was standing behind the dealer to go into the big game I didn't have butterflys. But every time I was done with being nervous before the first hand...before the flop.

Sammy likes quality service. He doesn't like dealers with attitudes and ones that make mistakes chronically.

No biggie.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:49 AM

I've dealt to Sami and he was nothing but a douche. I remember one of the players saying "you need to learn how to treat your customers a little better before you dont' have any left". Then a bit later he started giving me [censored] for not "waking him up" when it was his turn and another one of the players told him to give it a rest and it wasn't my job to tell him to wake up when he just told me to keep quiet when I said the words "yes sir".

Class A douchebag in my opinion.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Class A douchebag in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. But what is importent to poker growth is that the 'new poker world' loves him, as Jourdain has basically put it.

Ty Cobb sydrome, wouldnt ya say?
Old 05-26-2006, 02:33 AM

He's a big jerk off. A dealer buddy of mine was dealing a PL Omaha hand. This dealer is a real character, funny has hell..Apparently, Farha was eating a hotdog and when it was his turn to act, he just stared at the dealer..then this exchanged happened:

Dealer: It's 400 to call.
Farha: (yelling): I know it's my turn..I'll go when I'm ready. Don't you know who I am.
Dealer: No not really. It's 400 to call.
Farha: I pay your salary!!
Dealer: No you don't!

LOL..The dealer got pushed out of the box shortly and got written up..but he said it was worth it..