Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 07:57 AM

Default Quick & Dirty Note Taking?

Anybody have any good tips on taking notes quickly & effiecently? I just hooked up a 2nd monitor, & am starting to play 5-7 games at a time. Tonight I timed out twice (on the river), & lost $20-30 while trying to take notes in a different game.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Quick & Dirty Note Taking?

If you can't play so many tables in the way you play, you need to play fewer tables. I don't know what limits you are playing, but loosing $20-$30 in a session for timing out is significant for most levels people in the beginner forum talk about. If you are playing $1/2 for a 500 hand session, you just gave up 3bb/100, which is a decent win rate in itself.

You could try taking notes during your session reviews in PT and exporting them.

For specific note taking info, use the search function. One post to look for was by bisonbison a while back. I think the title was "notes on notes."
Old 05-25-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody have any good tips on taking notes quickly & effiecently? I just hooked up a 2nd monitor, & am starting to play 5-7 games at a time. Tonight I timed out twice (on the river), & lost $20-30 while trying to take notes in a different game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can 6 table 6 Max no problem, and still take a few notes here and there. For the most part, use abbreviations to make it easier to type and recognize later. For example, limps J9o UTG, something simple like that. If you are timing out, play less tables and then add one table at a time when you feel comfortable.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:11 AM

open up the note window and click the instant hand history and open up the hand. Only take notes on weird things people do and use abbreviations, such as:

cd 22 ui vs pfr =

"called down 22 unimproved vs the preflop raiser"

lrr 55, call psb on AK2 mono board, call allin turn 2 =

"limp re-raised 55, called a pot sized bet on an AK2 monotone board, then called an all in bet when a 2 came on the turn"