Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 05:36 AM

Default My sexy gets 3-bet!

Not enough hands on villain for stats. My only note on him says opened A7o in CO and raised flop donker on a 468 board.

Party Poker 2.00/4.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="green">Hero...needs a plan </font>
Old 05-25-2006, 05:38 AM

Default Re: My sexy gets 3-bet!

screwplay bro.

Call and then c/c river.

True
Old 05-25-2006, 05:46 AM

I raise preflop.

BB's three bet is very strong here IMO. I guess we're hoping he has a worse Q, but he seems to like his hand so much, I'd probably just call down. I would imagine a lot people will say cap the turn and lead the river, but I give unknowns more credit than most here I believe.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:49 AM

Cap the turn and bet/call river.

There are many more weaker queens than there are hands that beat you, and at this levels trips is the nuts.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:08 AM

Raise preflop and bet the turn.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:59 AM

BB got a freeplay preflop, so he could have any queen (which is good for you).

Your screwplay does represent a good deal of strength, I think -- partly because being tricky with big hands is so popular -- so the fact that Villain is willing to 3-bet that screwplay does concern me. I mean, Villain could have any queen, but that does include Q9 and Q6. Plus, 99 and 66 can't be ruled out.

All the same, I would probably cap and lead the river. I think there's a good chance Villain thinks his Q5 is good.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:19 AM

Preflop is fine.

Cap turn, lead river.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is fine.

Cap turn, lead river.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two probably bad playing limpers. You surely have a positive pot equity in this hand. Why not push this edge and keep it 3-way as opposed to 4-way to boot by raising pf?

Since our Hero didn't raise pf, I'm capping this turn, and b/c the river. Villain doesn't think you have a queen and if he is that wise, he doesn't think it's a big one because of your pre-flop play.

-Caddy
Old 05-25-2006, 11:00 AM

3 bets on the turn and 1 on the river seem right to me for your hand.

Your notes on villain do suggest he is a reasonably aware player. A7 is a decent CO stealing hand and raising flop with Ace high, gutshot and overcard is not 'getting out of line'.

As this hand was played, there is a reasonable chance Villain is ahead since Q6 Q9 AQ 66 and 99 are all resonable hands he could have called in the BB getting 7:1. While it's possible villain could be getting out of line with a slowplayed overpair or being aggressive with a worse queen, I tend to respect a turn 3-bet enough to call down from there UI. You can bet/3-bet a K river.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are two probably bad playing limpers. You surely have a positive pot equity in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. I imagine our equity with KQo isn't big, even with two loose limpers. You may not even have an edge at all.

KQo plays badly multi-way, especially OOP, and if BB is loose as well, you're not folding him out for one more bet. How often do you see fish fold T4o or 93s from the BB? Ever?

Position. Do we bet out when the flop misses us completely? Check-call with overs? Check-fold? You have no idea where you stand. You can't take any free cards, which is a great thing about being in position with overs. OOP with overs sucks.

By keeping the pot small, you give your opponents more opportunities to make huge mistakes like chasing gutshots and so on when you spike a pair. Sklansky bucks, baby.

Just my thoughts.