Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 01:28 AM

Default Good turn laydown with QQ??

This is my first night with PokerTracker so I hope I read this guy correctly. The Villain is 39/0/1.4 through about 30 hands or so.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

I figured that he probably came in with a weak ace. Am I right to assume that a guy with an AF of 1.4 will usually have the Ace here if he is raising?? Like I said I'm new to PokerTracker so go easy on me!
Old 05-25-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Good turn laydown with QQ??

There's no draws here except a gutshot, and most likely he'll not raise the gutshot at these stakes. This is true for most low limit games.

You are correct to fold the turn, but I would have folded the flop
Old 05-25-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are correct to fold the turn, but I would have folded the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I folf the flop, unless I'm feeling lucky, sometimes I call the turn to catch my Q.

Only lucky people should attempt this 'expert' play.

JT
Old 05-25-2006, 02:59 AM

on this board i say it's perfectly safe to assume the ace and fold UI... don't go giving stats too much cred after 30 hands on a guy though... particularly AF's

I made that mistake early on in my PT start... I labelled a few players as LAGGY after about 50 hands or so, only to realize they are complety 17/11/2-3 TAGS after about 4-500 hands with them...

more of a standard play here than a PT read... only way PT really helps here is if the stats say the guy is a complete rodeo retard after a credible sample and then it may be worth seeing showdown
Old 05-25-2006, 07:08 AM

I would probebly check fold the flop. Not even bet it. A bet will not do anything but be a poor bluff.

You MIGHT fold a few but by betting you are trying to fold the table and THAT ain't going to happen.

Another case where a good preflop hand turns sour.

The SMART play is check/fold . .. not that I can pull THAT trigger all the time! LOL
Old 05-25-2006, 07:52 AM

i like a bet/fold on the flop. it takes the guessing completely out. If you check then a lot of the time CO will bet all sorts of crap simply because he's the last to act with everyone checking in front of him.

if everyone folds to you and you fold, then a decent amount of times you'll be folding a pair of Queens when all he has is a pair of Jacks or worse.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:11 AM

30 hands is not enough to base big decisions on. he has a high vpip so he is more aggro than you think, but like i said that sample is not enough hands to make a judgement. you must bet that flop, an ace isn't always out there. i don't think its a bad fold, but given the limit, the goofy stuff you see at said limit, and the pot size it isn't as easy as everyone is making it out to be...i don't think.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:33 PM

check/folding all A high flops when you have QQ (or KK... or JJ... or TT... or 99... or 88... or 77...) seems like a fantastic way to not win money.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/folding all A high flops when you have QQ (or KK... or JJ... or TT... or 99... or 88... or 77...) seems like a fantastic way to not win any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

;-) Bet/fold is fine here.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:59 PM

I think taking one stab at it on the flop is fine. Four opponents with QQ is hardly ideal, with an A on the flop, but nobody has shown any strength pre-flop (apart from, I suppose, CO's cold call of your raise) and you would hope people might respect your initial raise for a big Ace enough times to justify representing it.

Folding to the raise on the flop is probably the right move but I would tend to call the raise anyway. He might just check the turn, if he's being putting a move on with a draw or a smaller pair, but I think you've got to fold to a bet on the turn unless you think he's a total maniac.