Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Vasectomy Trip Report.....

Had a Vasectomy last Thursday and I must say it was much simpler than I thought. A short trip report for those considering one.

Wednesday:

Doctor wrote me a script for one valium to take Thursday am to make sure I was relaxed.

Apparantly Valium is a popular black market drug as I had to get a special subscription from a state authorized serialized sript pad. I also had to show ID when filling and was told not to sell it. I realize this may be something people want to buy but damn it was one little pill - I dont think I could retire off selling one valium, but I digress.

Thursday:

Take the valium when I wake up. Head to the Dr.'s office 1 hr later. Valium is pretty cool - I was extremely mellow by the time I got into the office.

The procedure was all set up in-office. Pretty simple really. Lay down on a regular exam table and the doctor coated my entire private region in that orange sterilizing crap.

Then he informed me that he had some student who would be observing and asked if that was ok. Sure why not. He also asks if he minds if he talks while he does it - sure why not. Valium is good.

So after sterilizing he grasps the sack and locates the vas deferens section. Apparantly this can be done strictly by feel as it is a rigid structure. I know this beacuase he describes the whole procedure in detail and lets the student do it to. Sure why not.

Next thing I know they pinch the vas and the skin around it in some kind of clamp ( I didn't try and look). Next the doctor says it's time for lanacaine. This I believe is the same type of thing as novocaine. This part hurt as they stick the needle through the skin and into the sack.

After that you dont feel anything. He snips through the skin, pulls the vas out a little, cauterizes the ends and removes the clamp. Wash repeat for the other side and it was done.

He put two band aids on the cuts which were maybe 3/16" long and says they can come off in the morning. No stitches or anything. Also no sex for one week - he says this usually isn't an issue.

So no pain and when I get to the car I put ice on right away as this is supposed to prevent your balls from swelling into grapefruits.

I spend the rest of the day playing poker with feet up and ice on with minor discomfort.

Friday:

I wake up sick to my stomach. I am not sure if this was the valium or Lanacaine being processed out of my system, but I felt like crap the whole day.

Band aids came off and the cuts already looked healed - very weird.

The package was little swollen but just minor aching.

Saturday and Sunday:

Again minor discomfort but walking etc... are no problem.

Today - Back at work with very minor discomfort.

Some other cool facts - 1 in 4000 vasectomy's will have a thing where the ends of the vas spontaneouosly find each other and reconnect!

Make sure to do the follow-up before ditching other forms of BC. I don't know how but sometimes it takes a couple months for sperm counts to go down to zero??

Bottom line: Quick and fairly painless.

Orange
Old 07-18-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Vasectomy Trip Report.....

i'm kind of queasy reading this
Old 07-18-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wake up sick to my stomach. I am not sure if this was the valium or Lanacaine being processed out of my system, but I felt like crap the whole day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was ther nagging knowledge in the back of your mind that you're no longer a man. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 12:01 PM

Pray that you don't get Epididymitis .
Old 07-18-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this about a year after mine, turned into full blown orchitis. boy, it was painful. The right one was about the size of a grapefruit.

I was taking these supposedly powerful painkillers, and still in complete agnoy with any movement, and I thought they were pretty useless. Once the swelling reduced, I stayed on the painkillers, and was completely off my head - does that let you know how painful it was...
Old 07-18-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Doctor didn't mention this...

Orange
Old 07-18-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep crossed my legs reading that.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:40 PM

NO SEX FOR A WEEK? can you masturbate?? if not there is no way in hell most guys could make it through i would imagine
Old 07-18-2005, 12:46 PM

all the good chicks, the ones youd want to spend a lifetime with, want to have kids.

what was your thought process on this?
Old 07-18-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all the good chicks, the ones youd want to spend a lifetime with, want to have kids.

what was your thought process on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. I have a wife who I plan to spend a lifetime with and we have two kids. The usual for this type of decision I believe.

Orange