Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 06:08 PM

Default I hope to God this is standard - AQo

Villan is 26/7/0.67 over a mere 30 hands. I haven't seen him do much of anything.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB

Standard.... right? And I am calling (or betting when checked to) a river ace, even if it's a spade.

Haupt_234
Old 05-23-2006, 06:14 PM

Default Re: I hope to God this is standard - AQo

I would call the river. Many players, even passive ones, will bet in this situation. You showed weakness on the turn and he bet the river. I'm thinking you got too freaked out by the third [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] falling. This guy just called from the BB and called a flop bet, he may very well have nothing or a small pair. The K is certainly possible but I still think you are good 1 in 4 here. I don't think you can raise here but I don't think you can fold either.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:24 PM

I'd be inclined to bet the turn. Given that you didn't, I'd call the river.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:24 PM

Why the check on the turn? That turn check opens the door for your opponent to semi-bluff the river with 9x or pocket pair.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be inclined to bet the turn. Given that you didn't, I'd call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you betting the turn all of the time here? And you would you still bet if the board were the same but rainbow against this passive opponent?

If your answers go yes/yes, then I suck... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Haupt_234
Old 05-23-2006, 06:32 PM

Call.

We really can't put BB on a hand here.
All we know is he peeled the flop and bet the river when you showed weakness on the turn.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:43 PM

maybe, it's wrong, but, i definately call this river. i hate betting on the turn in these situations 'cause i fear i will be check raised with a pair of ks or nothing. lots of players will bet the river if you show weakness on the turn. a rule of thumb in those situations is to call the river Ace high if the board is not too threatening. here, the board is threatening, but, this is not an Ace high call either. qs, top kicker is a call i'll make forever in this type of situation...(maybe not forever, maybe i'll improve to the point where i realize it's not a good call-but, for now, it looks good...)
Old 05-23-2006, 07:07 PM

I think I am going to bet this turn as well and call river I think you see a 9 alot.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:09 PM

I can't fold the river, but I suck
Old 05-23-2006, 07:42 PM

If the pot was zero dollar before he bet then you might be right folding. Say there is a 50% chance he has K or flush, when you call you will lose 4$ half the time and win 4$ plus the rest of the pot half the time.
If you fold, you will save 4$ half the time and lose 4$ plus the rest of the pot half the time.

Witch is best? I think there is a big chanse you are weak/tight and that is not good.