Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 08:58 AM

Default Dark 3-bet on the river

30/60 Bellagio

It was the last night of my Vegas trip and there was no 30 game at the Wynn, so I headed over to the Bellagio for my only session of the trip there. While the night wound up putting a bad ending on an otherwise successful trip, I did have one fun hand.

One guy that had gotten down pretty close to the felt, raised 5 or 6 hands in a row, and despite getting several callers before the flop, never had to show down one hand. He took a break for a few hands, when the following hand came up.

A limper, he raises EMP, gets 3 coldcallers and I call in the BB w/ 77.

Flop comes 752

Checked to him, he bets, 2 callers, I c/r, fold, he 3 bets, everybody else folds and I call.

Turn is a 2

Now this guy is borderline retarded and aggro enough that I'm almost positive that he'll bet the turn, but he checks behind and I whiff on the c/r.

I then toss out 6 chips and say that I betting the river dark, he says "I raise dark" tosses out 12 chips. I say that I 3-bet dark and toss out another 12 chips. He says "I call" and gets 6 more chips out in front of him.

River is the 3rd 2 and I'm a little worried that he actually made quads. Anyway, I turn over my hand and he shows me his AA. Now I've dark bet my share of rivers, but this is the 1st time that I've actually been able to dark 3-bet one.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Dark 3-bet on the river

Just another reason that live play rules.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Dark 3-bet on the river

[ QUOTE ]
Just another reason that live play rules.

[/ QUOTE ]