Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 10:49 PM

Default Mexican Discada

This is a good and cheap food that I quite enjoy. It is really easy to make and delicious. Note that I dont know the difference between chopped, cubed, diced, etc. You want things in small squares, you get to choose how big [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Ingredientes:
1/2 kilo Bacon
1 kg. chorizo
1 kg. sliced onion
1 kg. of chopped tomato
1 kg. Green Peppers, seeded and cut into small cubes
3 kg. your choice of beef, ham, chicken, (even tofu I suppose, although that would be silly) chopped into small squares
Salsa to taste
2 tablespoons of "Jugo Maggi" - soy sauce will be an OK
One bulb of garic (or to taste)
substitute but Maggi is great.
salt and pepper to taste.

You can mess around with the meats to your liking. I like to do 2kgs of beef, 1/2 kilo of hotdogs, and 1kg of Ham (you want these to be cut into roughly 1cm cubes).The only non-negotiables are the bacon and the chorizo.

While traditionally cooked in large Woks, any pan large enough to hold the ingredients will do.

Start by placing the bacon to cook. Once it starts to let out all of its greasy goodness, add the onions and garlic.. Once these are nice and golden add the chorizo and let it cook. This should take no more than 5 minutes for the chorizo to cook. Once the chorizo looks good, start dumping the rest of the food in. While the order isnt particularly important, I like to start with the tomatoes so they let out their juice while I dump the rest of the food in there.

Around this point you want to lower the flame a bit and let the meat cook a little slower. Cook until beef is done and serve with corn or flour tortillas.

I personally like to add a couple of finely chopped jalapeņos while it cooks to give it a spicy flavor

Try it out, and if you have any questions PM me.

Ricky