Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 07:17 PM

Default Donk\'s guide to butchering the the Nut Flush

Party NL100 6max

I dont have a good read on Button. He seems fairly straight forward so far in the 50 or so hands hes been at the table. Nothing completely stupid or really tricky yet.
I've been playing every hand I can with SB who is a complete and total donk, who calls any bet with any piece of any board, and has completed every single hnad from SB so far. Hes not much of a factor in this hand afterall, but im basically trying to unsuccessfully rectify my preflop play.

SB( $103.48 )
BB( $189.50 )
HERO UTG( $237.30 )
MP( $111.20 )
CO ( $43.50 )
Button( $77.75 )

PREFLOP
Hero limps (I know, nasty) UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], MP folds, CO limps, Button limps, SB completes, BB checks

FLOP ($5) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets 4, CO folds, Button calls 4, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($13) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets 7, Button raises to 20, Hero????

at this point I put him on a smaller flush most of the time, and sometimes an overplayed Q. although most hands with a Q wouldve raised preflop except maybe QJs? I didnt give him much credit for 77 and was prepared to pay him off if that swhat he had. I know, stupid. So my goal was to extract as much as possible out of any Q. I figured if he was on a flush as I suspected it would be no problem to get it all in on the river.

So I flat called

RIVER ($53) Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [censored]!!!
Hero wusses out and checks, Button pushes all in for ~53, Hero pukes again and furiously types obscentities into the chat box as he kicks a hole in the wall and then calls/folds????

I know I donked up every street except the flop *might* have been ok. Where did I make the biggest mistake? At what point, if any do you think I was behind?
Since I checked river,possibly inducing villain to bluff, do I have to call now? Is leading 10x better? Is his stack to small to bet/fold river? Set me straight, please!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Donk\'s guide to butchering the the Nut Flush

You cannot call this river. I'm probably going to the felt with this hand on the turn though.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:22 PM

OK, preflop is meh, but if table is very LP, I can see it being OK.

Flop, is fine

On the turn, I think I like a stronger lead. After he raises, you just need to push, its that simple. A lot of the deck kills your river action or puts you behind. Not just thins, but you're OOP. You say you want to extract the most from a queen, so was you play to check the river???? No, you simply have to get it in on the turn.

River, I c/f. I just think I'm beat too often
Old 05-22-2006, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the turn... After he raises, you just need to push, its that simple. A lot of the deck kills your river action or puts you behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly... I failed to think about the hearts etc, that would kill my action on river.

[ QUOTE ]

Not just thins, but you're OOP. You say you want to extract the most from a queen, so was you play to check the river????

[/ QUOTE ]

another good point. I wanted him to have a smaller flsuh so I failed to think abot how to extract from Q on the river being OOP. If a blank hit I suppose I would have led for half pot and expected a call from a Q, Called imminent push from smaller flush/7's full boat.

*note to self* - I need to think more
Old 05-22-2006, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

*note to self* - I need to think more

[/ QUOTE ]

Or think LESS... And just keep raising the nut flush on the turn. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]