Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Tell me about FOREX

Hello all,

I was wondering if you could tell me about FOREX and the possibility of money making. I've heard some people make a living off of this, but I've also heard its 'gambling' and that only 15% of people make anything.

Then again, I hear poker is 'gambling' too, and only 5% of people make money in the long run from it.

So is it possible? How much can someone make? What kind of capital do I need?

A little about me:

Im 21, fairly intelligent. I had never played poker before until I heard of people making money from it. I learned as much as possible and deposited 100 dollars. Ever since then my only source of income has been poker. I am currently playing mid stakes NL online at 3/6 with an oversized bankroll.

I only say this to show that I am not an idiot, and I might have a chance.

Or do you guys think Its a better idea to start a business?

Im open to all ideas and suggestions.

TIA
Old 05-22-2006, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Tell me about FOREX

Yes its possible to make money from forex trading... yes its the latest craze, because you can start with minimal capital, and there's alot of fish being pumped in by infomercials, and many lose money.

If you put the time in to understand it and figure out what news is important, how the leverage works, etc, you can be successful.

Most forex brokers allow you to setup a play account... play around, and see how it works, while you educate yourself.