Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 11:42 AM

Default 4-5 player home SNG-strategy?

Some guys I used to work with and I used to play in a 9 player 20 buyin SNG every monday night. We paid three spots and I was pretty successful at them. Now, we can only seem to get 4 players to play, 5 at the most, but we still play every thursday night when the others guys get off of work. Everyone wants to play NL Holdem, of course, and they still want to play tourney style. I personally think a cash game would be better but I can't convince them. Anyway, I do fairly well in these little winner take all 4 person deals, but I was wondering if I am missing out on some fundamental strategy that I sould use in this type of game. I am the best player of the four. Two of the guys used to be calling stations but have improved and tightened up more, so bluffing is an option. The other guy is probably the second best of the group but he still makes some poor decisions sometimes(like making obvious overbet bluffs, and min-raising with the goods). The buy in is usually 10 bucks (i know, chump change.)Here is our blind structure:

T150 starting chips
1-2
2-4
4-8
5-10
6-12
8-16
10-20
12-24
15-30 (this is usually the highest it ever gets)
Blinds go up every 10 hands.

Any help and or flaming would be appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2006, 02:18 PM

Default Re: 4-5 player home SNG-strategy?

[ QUOTE ]

T150 starting chips
1-2
2-4
4-8
5-10
6-12
8-16
10-20
12-24
15-30 (this is usually the highest it ever gets)
Blinds go up every 10 hands.

Any help and or flaming would be appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to flame that brutal structure. After an hour, your starting stack is 5x smaller than it was (10 hands, 20 minutes puts you at T5/10)

You'd better be pretty damned aggressive.