Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 07:54 AM

Default Party 5/10 spew fest, part II.

How I think I should have played it through to the turn, would like comments on the lines below please...

Again, villain is SLA-A 23/12/2.7...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.
Point one: I'm a moron for not raising the LP limper.

Flop: (3 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.
Point 2: Against villain's pretty random cards, I should be leading my TPTK. Villain's raise could be a made hand (pair, raggedy two, set) or could be a draw. When not being an idiot, I typically favor stop-and-go here (call then lead). Other lines?

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ??
[i]Yikes. I just made top two, showed aggression on all streets so far, and still got popped. Where do we go from here?[i]
Old 05-22-2006, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Party 5/10 spew fest, part II.

Dude his AF is 2.7, if you were ever behind you aren't now. How could you think you're behind? The only thing that beats you is a set, and you already have two pair.

3 bet the flop, if he caps lead your A turn check call non A turn.
If he doesn't cap lead at turn
as you played it that's the easiest reraise I'd ever make.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:12 AM

drawy boards means you should 3 bet the flop. you don't want anyone getting sneaky on you and raising for a free card. also, since the flop is J high, you don't want an overcard to come that can potentially kill your action. as an example, say the hand played out as you wrote up to the point you bet on the turn. if villain had a hand like JT, he may get scared at this point and just call you down. in this case, you lost at least 1 sb.

there's not much of a point to betting out this turn unless your intention is to three-bet. if you wanted villain to tell you something about his hand, a c/r would probably work better while producing the same amount of bets as a bet/call would.

you haven't shown too much aggression in this hand. all you've shown is that you're capable of playing a strong hand in a very weird fashion. c/r or 3-bet some, then you can say you've shown some aggression and try to make an assessment of villain's hand. if i were in villain's shoes, i'd might make the same turn raise w/ a hand as low as KJ thinking you're trying to semi-bluff multiple streets or scare cards and then taking a free show down.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:23 AM

hmmmmmmmm my 2 cents-i don't raise when in the sb to a late position call with a good (but not great) hand. i would certainly re-raise a late position raise with the same cards. why the difference? position &amp; likely # of players....as played, i would re-raise the turn...
Old 05-22-2006, 10:00 AM

3betting the flop here &gt; stop-and-go.

3bet the turn, too.

Haupt_234
Old 05-22-2006, 11:24 AM

3-bet that flop. It'd be standard for him to raise you here with almost any J, and even a FD.

3-bet the turn, and check-call if he caps it.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:37 PM

grunch
i would have to say The player has the capability of slow playing a set, I would not give him credit for it and pound the [censored] out of him from the turn on... but of course the river club would matter [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] lets hope its a A of clubs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2006, 05:56 PM

3bet this turn