Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2006, 02:53 AM

Default Live uncapped, tricky turn spot vs Yellowsub86

Turningstone 5/10 nl no cap, 20 to bring in. A whole bunch of us <21 year olds are there for the week of tournaments/ side games, so a lot of the players in this game are just internet ppl. Villain in this hand is Yellowsub86, guy who won a million dollars earlier this year in EPT monte carlo. I *think* he respects my game, at least somewhat. He is stuck about 10k, and has rebought for about another 10k and might be slightly tilty. Earlier he nearly lost it when ZappyB floated him on the flop and turn with J high, then made top pair and called a huge river bet to snap off Subs bluff. He might be a little bit tilty, but he's definitely not in full tilt mode and is still functioning as a poker player.

The hand... I have about 2800, jeff (sub) covers by a lot. Some donkey brings it in for 20 in emp, I'm next to act and make it 80 w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Yellowsub cold calls behind me, and the donk calls as well. The better players in the game have been isolating the various donks bring ins all night, so jeff knows I am raising light here.

Flop (255) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Donk checks, I bet 200, jeff calls, donk folds.

Turn (655) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I check (?), Jeff bets 400, I have about 2500 left and..

Oh and:
I have been playing fairly snug although not too much. I have seen a fair amount of flops and gotten my money in a few times, although very few showdowns.

Jeff loves to take flops here in position, and is no stranger to floating I think. I wouldn't put it past him to have 2 random cards here at least a certain % of the time. He is very loose preflop, and still fairly loose on the flop call I think.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Live uncapped, tricky turn spot vs Yellowsub86

Check raise all in on the turn.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:01 AM

You might win with an Ace, 5, or any diamond. That's 15 outs and 34% chance to beat a hand like QJ, KQ, and add in some fold equity I think this is play is +EV, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

edit: Happy 420.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:09 AM

This is such a great spot to c/r. It looks like a big hand for one and stacks are almost perfect. I'd probably shove but does anyone think leaving yourself with ~$400 would have a pyschological difference on him?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is such a great spot to c/r. It looks like a big hand for one and stacks are almost perfect. I'd probably shove but does anyone think leaving yourself with ~$400 would have a pyschological difference on him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt sure because of the stack sizes. If it were deeper i'd prob just lead again, and if it was a little shorter I'd like check raising better. I thought the stacks were a bit awkward in this spot.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:23 AM

Great Post, love the background. BTW my friend Matt invented the word float 3 years ago, and I was the second person ever to use it properly in a sentence...anyways, its great how much it caught on, a perfect poker term.

As far as the hand goes...yea go for it, raise him whatever u think he thinks u would raise with QQQ, its definitely close though and stinks a little bit of a move. U are definitely gonna get looked up a lot, and sometimes he will snap u off with a lowly holding and make him look like a genius. Thing is u really dont need a fold to often at all to make this right.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasnt sure because of the stack sizes. If it were deeper i'd prob just lead again, and if it was a little shorter I'd like check raising better. I thought the stacks were a bit awkward in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Arguably leading might be a decent play but now that you checked I can't see you not c/r'ing. I'm set on c/r'ing AI.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:52 AM

Ansky.
I haven't played with him live, but from what I've seen from him lately online, he will call CR a lot, even with very marginal hands. I probably just lead on the turn again vs him.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:26 AM

I really don't like a check raise with those stack sizes, leading and check calling that size of bet are both ok with me.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great Post, love the background. BTW my friend Matt invented the word float 3 years ago,

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL