Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2006, 09:05 AM

Default TT, I know what to do but...

I don't like my turn and river play here. I think I know what to do, just want to see if you agree. Villain has taggish stats.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 01-14-2006, 09:35 AM

Default Re: TT, I know what to do but...

If you bet the turn and villain raises you'll always have at least 4 outs unless he's on a very weird/unlikely hand like quads of straight flush. So if you bet you'll have to call a raise. If he's not very bluffy I think betting the turn, calling a raise and check/folding the river will be fine. That way you're not risking giving a freecard to someting like AK with a fd.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet the turn and villain raises you'll always have at least 4 outs unless he's on a very weird/unlikely hand like quads of straight flush. So if you bet you'll have to call a raise. If he's not very bluffy I think betting the turn, calling a raise and check/folding the river will be fine. That way you're not risking giving a freecard to someting like AK with a fd.

[/ QUOTE ]

My suggestion would be to bet/fold this turn, since his flop raise very well could be a flush draw that now hit. I don't think we will see a bluff/semi-bluff raise on this turn from a TAG enough for us to call down a raise, when I have shown so much strength. Weak?
Old 01-14-2006, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My suggestion would be to bet/fold this turn, since his flop raise very well could be a flush draw that now hit. I don't think we will see a bluff/semi-bluff raise on this turn from a TAG enough for us to call down a raise, when I have shown so much strength. Weak?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he could be raising AA/KK you have 6 outs. If he's raising 99 you also have 6 outs. Getting 9.5:1 from the pot needing only 6.7:1. If you know he has a flush you have the odds to call, check/raise a T bet and check/call a 6. If the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls on the river you're likely to extract 3BB from a flush. This line will also work against AA/KK with a flushdraw.

That being said, folding to the turn raise is still close, but calling is slightly more +EV imo.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If he could be raising AA/KK you have 6 outs. If he's raising 99 you also have 6 outs. Getting 9.5:1 from the pot needing only 6.7:1. If you know he has a flush you have the odds to call, check/raise a T bet and check/call a 6. If the T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] falls on the river you're likely to extract 3BB from a flush. This line will also work against AA/KK with a flushdraw.

That being said, folding to the turn raise is still close, but calling is slightly more +EV imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA/KK is very unlikely, given the action so far. If he's raising with 99, I've got 2 outs, not 6.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AA/KK is very unlikely, given the action so far. If he's raising with 99, I've got 2 outs, not 6.

[/ QUOTE ]
I smooth call preflop hu with AA/KK pretty often, espacially in position. But my bad, obviously a straight won't help us much here.

Still, you can call profitable against a flush, but 99 is a pretty likely hand so a call probably is slightly -EV.