Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2006, 05:37 PM

Default AKo When should have I given this up?

Fat Hangover
javascript:void(0)
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

I didn't like the cold cap, but I feel like I should have put this guy on a better hand as he was one of those passive (1.5) pre-flop chart types. I suppose my real question is this:
At what point do you just fold a hand that can only beat a bluff in a decently large pot against someone with enough aggression that he could be bluffing? Do you feel like AK high can have anything as high as 15-20% Probably showdown equity?

In all honesty I probably should just fold more, [censored] it! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2006, 06:01 PM

Default Re: AKo When should have I given this up?

Easy turn muck. You missed. He didn't have to hit.

e: why did you bet the flop?
Old 05-20-2006, 06:31 PM

I think i'm checking the flop to the pf capper. He's gonna raise anything he has and we don't want to pay two bets on that flop.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:39 PM

c/f flop
Old 05-20-2006, 06:39 PM

I'd check/call the flop just cause it's so freakin massive and I think we just have enough to peel here. Then on the turn I'd just c/f. We're ahead of none of his range and we don't have odds to draw.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:45 PM

I can't imagine what hand you put him on that he 4 bets preflop and you are ahead of on the flop. i.e., bad flop bet. your cards should have beat his chips into the muck on the turn.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:11 PM

This is kinda the point of my post, which may be a misunderstanding of mine.
On the flop the pot was huge, and betting into a cold pf capper would certain result in a raise, cutting down the odds of the rest of the players.

I'm certainly a dog, but he might well have AK, or even QQ or JJ... giving me maybe up to 6 outs, or maybe a tie or the best possible hand.

Then again, I feel like I'll be told this is spew, since I don't have good enough odds to improve against this cold-cappers likely range.

I just really don't know how to handle someone 4-betting your three bet. Like I said, I should probably just fold.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:33 PM

It might be a better tactic against a complete maniac but not a very passive preflop player.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is kinda the point of my post, which may be a misunderstanding of mine.
On the flop the pot was huge, and betting into a cold pf capper would certain result in a raise, cutting down the odds of the rest of the players.

I'm certainly a dog, but he might well have AK, or even QQ or JJ... giving me maybe up to 6 outs, or maybe a tie or the best possible hand.

Then again, I feel like I'll be told this is spew, since I don't have good enough odds to improve against this cold-cappers likely range.

I just really don't know how to handle someone 4-betting your three bet. Like I said, I should probably just fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make a note of what he caps with, make a note of what anyone caps with and you will start to get a better feeling for it. However, ace high isn't where you want to be against an unknown with a low pfr percentage who capped you. Flop was spew and will get you noticed as someone who overplays overcards ui. You can fold the turn.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:22 PM

I check the flop and peal one time on the turn.