Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 AM

Default ***Obligatory New Year\'s Resolution Thread 2006***

Ok, so I'm usually against the New Year's Resolution. My thinking is, if there's something so bad about me that I need to change, that I'll just go ahead and make the change. But this year, I think I'll try one out, just to see if I can do it, and see how long it will acutally last, before I cheat or give up.

My New Year's Resolution:

Completely eliminate soda from my diet.

I've been cutting back on this for the past 2 months, mostly because I turned 21 over the summer, and soda has become replaced by beer. Also, I feel like when I drink soda, I can really feel the pressure build up inside my stomach, and sometimes feel nauseous, which probably isn't a good thing.

Post your resolutions here, and let other OOTiots critique/make fun of them.

If you are looking to lose weight, post it here, but also look to the OOT Fit Club as well.

So here's to a great 2006 all. Hopefully you will all have a wonderful year in 2006, and I wish you all the best.

P. Dirty
Old 12-29-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: ***Obligatory New Year\'s Resolution Thread 2006***

Post SIIHP more.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:30 AM

I am usually anti-resolution, but I've got [censored] to do.

1. Lose 20 lbs.
2. Drink less (let's say no more than two nights a week, no more than three drinks on each of those nights).
3. My wife and I have allowed turning the TV on to become one of our baby-calming methods, we are resolving to stop this.
4. Be a better friend. This is a doozy, I know, but I just need to call my close friends more often.
5. Be a better son. Ditto calling Mom more often.

I could go on and on, but it would get unrealistic. So I'm sticking with those.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Post SIIHP more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling [censored] will be back to his OOT [censorship] if you start this back up.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:36 AM

It's kind of generic, but I am resolving to be less of a puss when it comes to the ladies. I need to get laid more.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's kind of generic, but I am resolving to be less of a puss when it comes to the ladies. I need to get laid more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this should be a New Year's Eve Resolution.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this should be a New Year's Eve Resolution.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I am hanging out with my cousins, so no. But then again, I am in Kentucky...
Old 12-29-2005, 12:35 PM

i was talking to a friend the other day who is a personal trainer and he told me that their busiest days of the year are january 2-4, but on january 5 the place is empty and he said this has been this way for all 3 gyms he has worked at and has never failed. this is the reason i hate new year's resolutions, if you are so weak that you need a day to make you do something then chances are it is probably not going to stick.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was talking to a friend the other day who is a personal trainer and he told me that their busiest days of the year are january 2-4, but on january 5 the place is empty and he said this has been this way for all 3 gyms he has worked at and has never failed. this is the reason i hate new year's resolutions, if you are so weak that you need a day to make you do something then chances are it is probably not going to stick.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, i said this in lesser words in the OP. That being said, what's your resolution? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2005, 12:57 PM

My New Year's Resolutions started on Dec. 26th.

1) Quit my job.
2) Begin working out regularly again until I can fit into those old Calvin Klein jeans that made my ass look awesome (well, awesome-er).
3) Visit either Las Vegas or Europe.
4) Meet my good friend in person who I met online years ago.
5) Eliminate concern for other peoples' feelings from my decision-making process.
6) Finish the Pimsleur German language courses and try to read a book in German.

1) Resignation letter ready. Will be turning it in when boss and his wife get back from vacation........ or at least I'm planning to.
2) Started working out already in the morning before work. Woke up too tired to do it today, but will make up for it by going to the gym tonight a few hours after dinner.
3) If I don't have a new job before my notice is up at my current job, or if I get canned immediately after giving notice, I'll be in Vegas the next day. Otherwise, I'll probably go sometime in late 1st quarter 2006.
4) Will be heading with him to AC as soon as it's warm enough up there for my Floridian ass.
5) Quitting my job will be the first step.
6) On Unit 2, Lesson 7. 23 more lessons to go + 30 from Unit 3 + 10 from the Bonus course. I will grab something in German from Borders or Barnes & Noble when I'm done.