Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 11:27 PM

Default Flush draw on a paired flop

Im absolutely sure this has been covered before. But I searched and I can't find it. What I am looking for here is a reason why someone is calling me here.

Regardless of my holdings...

I open raise from the cutoff with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB smooth calls, BB folds.

Flop is:

7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks to me, and not wanting to slowplay anything, cause thats how I roll, I bet 4x BB. SB reraises me 8X BB and I push. SB calls.

I don't care at this point what the turn and river are. SB shows K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Is this even close to +EV? For purposes of discussion, SB is a thinking player.

Now given the same hole cards and a non-paired flop, I know the SB's call is good enough to make this profitable. He only has to be right 1 in three off the flush draw or against the over cards, becuase the open raise from CO is a steal move.

Am I missing something in the above case? I fold to the AI (absent a read) every time.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Flush draw on a paired flop

your push probably confused him; by pushing, you're kind of representing the same kind of hand he has. he can't put you on the flopped boat here (or more ridiculous, flopped quads). he has to think that at least his flush outs are good (and depending on stack sizes, those nine outs alone could give him the pot odds he needs to call).