Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 01:34 PM

Default 15 bb trouble

Ps 10 multi last night

im at 1500 at the 50/100 blindlevel and find AT off in mp2

not overly aggro table or anything a raise will take the blinds an ok amount of time.

What to do?
could probably just fold it but this time i didnt... anyway id like some thoughts on pf action. especially with my stacks size, maybe a lot of people just muck it ?

anyway i raise to 300 and get one caller with 3500 in co+1.
No solid read but an idea that he could be a bit reckless,
has bet hard oop on some dangerous flops before but havent met resistance so i really dont know.

Flop A K J rainbow

what to do? i got 1200 left, pot is 750. Do any of u just checkfold this flop? is that too weak? what about with deeper stack?

Anyway here i hoped he is so reckless as i had a feeling he might be and check it to him to let him commit with all hands that i beat (ofcourse as well with the ones i dont.. but hey) and checkraisepush it.
what u think of that line?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 15 bb trouble

You should just push. You have top pair 2nd kicker (2nd best hand w/out 2pr). What happens if it goes check check, a ten falls, but any queen beats you? I push and hope for the best.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should just push. You have top pair 2nd kicker (2nd best hand w/out 2pr). What happens if it goes check check, a ten falls, but any queen beats you? I push and hope for the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should just open push flop. However you do not have TP2K- that would be AQ.

Playing A10o with your stack size is awkward. It's probably pretty marginal between raising and folding PFk. What did villian bet when you checked to him? If he bets the pot he is commited even if you push and open pushing flop will fold out mid PP's. This flop sucks for you and possibly villian so just open push.

Edited to say: With deeper stacks you should bet 1/2-2/3 pot on flop if villian pushes it's an easy fold. If villian flat calls flop you are probably done with this hand as even if you hit a 10 you are not really liking your hand.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:58 PM

i followed my line and he bet pot (or 800) with a9 and called my repush ofcourse, to bad he hit his 9....still think i like my line better cause if he is reckless i could get midpairs to bet it... no?
Old 05-19-2006, 09:23 PM

I like your line postflop. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2006, 10:11 PM

Your line is OK, but I prefer pushing - top pair/Ok kicker + gutshot broadway draw is plenty enough for me to push here and prevent my opponent from gettin a SINGLE free card. Because I made the decision to play for all my chips when I raised pre-flop. Unless you have made that decision - open-fold ATo in that position.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your line is OK, but I prefer pushing - top pair/Ok kicker + gutshot broadway draw is plenty enough for me to push here and prevent my opponent from gettin a SINGLE free card. Because I made the decision to play for all my chips when I raised pre-flop. Unless you have made that decision - open-fold ATo in that position.

[/ QUOTE ]

ni han
Old 05-19-2006, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i followed my line and he bet pot (or 800) with a9 and called my repush ofcourse, to bad he hit his 9....still think i like my line better cause if he is reckless i could get midpairs to bet it... no?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with checking is when villian checks behind and the turn pairs the board, is a 10, or just gives our opponent a free card. And as morenlth said- you pretty much made the decision to play for all your chips PF so just push.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:21 AM

but if i am commited to the pot wich i agree i am dont i wanna play it so that i get value from all hands that i beat?
if i openpush ill fold out any hand i beat and only get to play against the good stuff, looks like a losing bet bet to me? its probably a bit higher variance in that line when the q hit their ten or midpair hits their set or a9 hits their kicker. but isnt a risk worth taking with my stack?
Old 05-20-2006, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but if i am commited to the pot wich i agree i am dont i wanna play it so that i get value from all hands that i beat?
if i openpush ill fold out any hand i beat and only get to play against the good stuff, looks like a losing bet bet to me? its probably a bit higher variance in that line when the q hit their ten or midpair hits their set or a9 hits their kicker. but isnt a risk worth taking with my stack?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say it really depends on the villain. If he's aggressive and likely to CB/bet with Ax, checking seems ok. Otherwise, I'd prefer pushing by far. Being commited to the pot doesn't necessarily mean you're averse to winning it right here. Also, instapushing on the flop seems to be interpreted as a semi-bluff/weak hand too often in low buy-in MTTs...