Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 11:25 PM

Default Turned trips: too aggressive?

No reads whatsoever on villain.

I have no problem w/ limping pf here, being that I'm in bad position w/ a semi-decent hand. Also, the table had been relatively passive (tons of slowplaying), so I liked my chances of seeing a cheap flop.

The lame flop min-re-raise from the villain could mean all kinds of things, so I'm not really concerned about that.

How do you play the turn? This appears to be a push-or-fold situation; it seems like his most likely hand is an Ace with a lower kicker (though AT, A9, or badly-played T9 is also possible).

Thanks in advance!

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.40
UTG+1: $42.61
Hero: $102.22
MP1: $62.04
MP2: $51.59
MP3: $33.60
CO: $43.97
Button: $49.25
SB: $17.50
BB: $50

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, Hero calls, 6 folds, 6 folds, BB checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $3.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.25, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $92.22</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $30.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $52.72 returned to Hero.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($99.25, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $99.25)

Results:
Final pot: $99.25
Old 05-18-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Turned trips: too aggressive?

NH
Old 05-19-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NH

[/ QUOTE ]

What handrange do you put villain on after the flop action? The only thing we are ahead of is T9 or a really agro player on a draw. I'd like to fold this hand somewhere. Is that incredibly weak?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NH

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

This hand is horrible. As much as you might think, you don't have the nuts on the turn.

Hint: BB didn't 3bet the flop with BS.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NH

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

This hand is horrible. As much as you might think, you don't have the nuts on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

2nd nuts! I'm feeling too much like [censored] to do any replies tonight. Sorry for the waste of "NH" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NH

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I don't have the nuts. However, there are still plenty of hands I'm beating here (Ace with lower kicker, for example). As for the so-called "3-bet" on the flop, that gives me no reason to think I'm up against the nuts either.

Since when do you need to have the nuts to put your money in anyhow? Also, if you're going to say I played the hand horribly, would it be too much trouble to elaborate? I don't think you've justified anything here.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:41 AM

You've got TP 3rd kicker. You were threebet on the flop. Against _most_ villains, this means TPTK is no good, and you don't even have that. You are very likely behind two pair or a set. It could be T9, but it could be AT, A9 as well. Once you catch trips on the turn, villain doesn't seem to care. He knows you have an ace, but he doesn't seem to care, which means he likely has trip aces OK kicker CRUSHED.

You suck out GOOT though so it probably worked out unless he's got quad tens.

If you've got a read that villain is a complete moron, then the turn action is ok, but you didn't say you had that read in your post.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NH

[/ QUOTE ]

What handrange do you put villain on after the flop action? The only thing we are ahead of is T9 or a really agro player on a draw. I'd like to fold this hand somewhere. Is that incredibly weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

After the turn check-raise, AT, A9, and Ace w/ lower kicker than mine seem to be the most likely candidates. My hand is quite strong against this range, so I don't see a reason to fold. Once I call the check-raise, we're both committed to the hand (which is the main reason I pushed the turn).
Old 05-19-2006, 11:48 AM

LOL

Ace/rag hardly ever 3bets this flop. Your up against 99, TT, A9, AT, or AK. My guess is A9.

[ QUOTE ]
Once I call the check-raise, we're both committed to the hand

[/ QUOTE ]
haha^^ Look at stacksizes and your massive overbet push
Old 05-19-2006, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've got TP 3rd kicker. You were threebet on the flop. Against _most_ villains, this means TPTK is no good, and you don't even have that. You are very likely behind two pair or a set. It could be T9, but it could be AT, A9 as well. Once you catch trips on the turn, villain doesn't seem to care. He knows you have an ace, but he doesn't seem to care, which means he likely has trip aces OK kicker CRUSHED.

You suck out GOOT though so it probably worked out unless he's got quad tens.

If you've got a read that villain is a complete moron, then the turn action is ok, but you didn't say you had that read in your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. I must admit that I'm not as fearful of the flop min-bets &amp; raises as others. I've seen these bets made too much w/ mediocre junk to interpret them as the nuts. Yes, he bet/3bet, but the bets were very small.
If the villain bets this way on the turn, I immediately run for the hills! In my experience, turn min-raises tend to come from very strong hands.